PDA

View Full Version : PW, Kirkus, Library Journal - how long do they take to review?

keston925
01-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Hey there,

Does anyone know how long the major reviewers typically take to provide a review?

Jamesaritchie
01-22-2016, 01:27 AM
They've been very fast with me, always by the time the book was actually released. Well before a couple of time, I think. They only review a tiny fraction of the books they receive, of course, else they wouldn't have room, but I really don't know how their queue system works.

Captcha
01-23-2016, 07:26 AM
My publishers usually have ARCs ready a couple months before the book is released, and the reviews come out fairly quickly after that. Almost always before the book is actually released. So... a month or two, maybe?

Cathy C
01-23-2016, 04:44 PM
3-4 months before release, but giving them 6 is great if you can. This week's PW issue is reviewing March and April, but also as far out as June.

keston925
01-23-2016, 06:42 PM
Thank you, You guys are great!

tsharpe
01-24-2016, 09:12 AM
If I remember correctly, I got Kirkus and Booklist reviews before publication and School Library Journal and Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books (I write YA) reviews right after publication. I never ended up getting a PW review for my debut for some reason. I believe ARCs were sent for review in November for an April release.