• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta READER for Philosophic Novel In the Vein of Zen and the Art meets Daniel Quinn & Dan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChansonRoland

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a like-minded Beta Reader for a Philosophic Novel I'm working on: DESIDERATA: Dante's Lost Paradise.

It has a bit of time travel, a talking monkey, and conversations with the likes of Dante, Sappho, Beatrice, Darwin, Mark Twain, Sisyphus, Adam, Friedrich Nietzsche and a few other wiseguys.

My interests are: Writing, PaleoAnthropology, History, Philosophy (I'm a Rational Hedonist) Epicurean, Art, Thought, Creativity, Compassion, Ecology, Changing the World for the Better, I'm also a Questioner who looks for answers big and small. I have my own business etching ceramic mugs and glass. Also do silkscreening, and am a bit of an inventor. Estoy aprendiendo Español tambien. I'm Dynamically Tranquil.

I'd be happy to send you excerpts of my work Written, or Audio files for your reading or listening pleasure (or pain).

Pura Vida

[email protected]

Roland
Santiago de Puriscal
Costa Rica

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi ChansonRoland, and welcome to AW.

First things first: it's not a great idea to put your email addy on a public forum where roving spambots can harvest it. If you want to leave it up, it's better to put it in a form the bots won't recognize, e.g. Roland (at) ZenWest (dot) com.

Second: You're a very new member who's barely engaged with the community, and yet you're already asking for a big favor. Beta reading is a serious commitment, both in time and brain power, and people here are unlikely to volunteer for it until they know more about you.

May I suggest that you spend some time on the forum, joining in some conversations and letting people get to know you? Once you've accrued 50 posts you can start your own thread in the Share Your Work subforum. Once you post a sample of your work for review there, people can get a feel for your story, your writing style and how you respond to criticism. If folks are sufficiently intrigued, they may then be eager to beta-read for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.