• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for people willing to proof-read a couple of chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 2/3 done translating the third of my fantasy trilogy into English. I used a professional proofreader for the previous two, but given how much he costs, and that I've barely made any money out of all of this, I'm reluctant to use him again.

So the idea occurred to just spread the chapters around. I figure people are more willing to go over a chapter or two than an entire manuscript.

Is someone up for this? I've already gotten the first three looked at through a fantasy website.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
So, instead of paying one person for a big load of work, you're hoping a bunch of starving authors will do it for free?

No, and I'm not going to fix half your car for free because you don't want to pay for a mechanic.

I know this probably seems harsh to you, but think about what you're really asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.