Needing info on what it was like during American occupation of Korea after the war...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
Any "mature" ;) posters here who were in South Korea after the Korean War ended in 1953? Or know of someone like an American serviceman or South Korean refugee/survivor?

I am polishing a major flashback in my manuscript involving two young sisters (ages 13 and 16) who survived the torching of their remote South Korean village when the North Korean Army invaded their country. I have the military manuevers down pretty well, what happened when the North Korean Army attacked, etc.

What I'm looking for is what the aftermath was like. I am especially interested in the seaport area of Inchon, South Korea.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Cheryll

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I can only give you what an older member of the family experienced when entering a Korean village which appeared deserted. They were a UK naval group. As they walked through the village, they heard a baby cry. They tracked it to one of the houses and found a hollow wall where the family was hiding. They didn't know the men were part of the Allies so they'd been afraid to come out.

Not much help to you I'm sure, but who knows . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.