• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a beta reader to read over a Western/Fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt1980

Registered
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO but hopfully Honolulu before I die
I'll be up front I've only got two chapters done so far and I'm looking for someone that is willing to work with me over the long term of writing this novel.

I'd like someone that is willing to give constructive criticism. I'm not looking for Gordon Ramsy or the bald guy from Whiplash.

I'm looking for someone that is will to be a sounding board for ideas and is also willing to give me their own ideas of how they think this novel should go.

The main plot of the story revolves around three characters. A fifteen year old girl that witnesses her family's murder, and seventeen year old boy that works on his uncles ranch and a cavalry officer. There will be other characters that will be mixed in there and there but you will seeing these three the most. The setting is mid to late 1800's US'ish. It's my own world but that's kind of the base for it.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Matt. I think you're confusing your terminology a bit. A beta reader is the last stop of your completed, polished work before it goes on submission. It sounds more as if you'd like a critique buddy. A good one can be really beneficial. I suspect you're more likely to get nibbles if you participate around here, offering feedback to others and getting to know the people who write what you do.

Best of luck finding a good match.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'd be fine modifying the post, including the subject line.(If the subject line gives you trouble, ask this board's moderator for help.) I'd also recommend adding what the novel you're writing is about, in one or two sentences. That will help people know if it's something they're interested in.

Maryn, thinking Honolulu before you die is fully do-able

Status
Not open for further replies.