How well policed are large Polish cities?

Raxis

Registered
Reaction score
A new project I've begun working on recently involves a multinational organization of magic-wielding humans hunting vampires. The introductory chapter involves a brief hunt and clash between a pair of hunters and a vampire late at night in Planty Park, Krakow, Poland. I was curious if anybody knows how likely it would be for local police or the like to stumble upon the fight before it ends? It's not a fancy or drawn-out battle, just some exchanges of blows and then a quick immolation for the vampire.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
IMO you're overthinking.

If police make the story better, then it's perfectly reasonable they'll hear and respond to the conflict. If not, it's perfectly reasonable they're on a perogy break.

Raxis

Registered
Reaction score
Fair enough, lol.

It's just that being an ignorant American I was worried that I might be missing a research step and risk throw off potential readers if my lack of research fail was serious enough.

Thanks!

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I've never been to Poland, but I've been through Europe lots. Police aren't as ubiquitous as they are in the States (I'm not sure if there's a place on Earth with as many cops on the streets) but they do have foot patrols and such. Depending on the location, time of day, etc. you can easily have them interrupted without any break in suspension of disbelief, especially if they're near a hub like the central train station where there will always be at least a half-dozen police on duty.