Not open for further replies.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Remember the Burger King jingle of yesteryear, before the current ad campaign with the scary plastic king? It went

Have it YOUR way!
Have it your way!

Well, apparently that's no longer the case, and a California woman wasn't going to put up with it. Click here to see what she did about it. (Audio recommended, but there's a transcript there, too.)

The Snopes commentary at the end of the transcript includes the most apt phrase "fulfills all the stereotypes of the narcissistic, pompous, self-absorbed Orange County soccer mom." You gotta love it.

Maryn, feeling all good about herself in comparison

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I bet if it was a doughnut they'd have responded before she could say "Creepy Creams"...

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the good laugh! I am so incredulous, I have sent the link to a friend of mine.

ATP

ETA: As an Australian residing outside the US, I did a little research on Orange County demographics

http://www.answers.com/topic/orange-county-california.

I now know why the scopes writer referred to the caller as 'a narcissitic, pompous...soccer mom'....

Last edited:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
"What are we protecting you from? A wrong cheeseburger?" LOL! You gotta watch them dangerous burgers. I here they sneak up on you from behind. I saw one with a knife once.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
CaroGirl said:
"What are we protecting you from? A wrong cheeseburger?" LOL! You gotta watch them dangerous burgers. I here they sneak up on you from behind. I saw one with a knife once.
Now talk about spooky...boo!

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
The dispatcher probably could have saved some time by telling her to go to Carl's Jr. instead.

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
There's no way in hell that woman is going to admit she made a mistake (if she did). I guess that too much money and privilege seem to make such people think that they are invincible.

ATP

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Boy are you folks mean! Stop picking on the poor woman. She probably weighs 693 pounds and has to remove the steering wheel to get in and out of the car. She might even have a problem with her digestive tract that forces her to only eat at Burger King! Think about it folks...before you start ridiculing her again.

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the laugh. That made my day. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now! LOL

Folks, let me tell you... my hubby is currently working as a police dispatcher (Just 2 more months, just 2 more months) and you would not BELIEVE some of the calls he gets.

A few weeks back we had a bad thunderstorm that knocked out a transformer in a rather seedy portion of town. The dispatch center received over 100 calls that night from people demanding the POLICE turn the power back on!

One really belligerent woman told my husband that her safety was in danger because of the outage. She demanded that an officer bring her a half-dozen flashlights. When my husband told her he would not be sending a car out for her request, she called him everything but lovely and threatened to sue the city if anything happened to her.

**shakes head**

BUT... he hasn't had a Wrong Burger Incident to report yet. ;)

Cheryll

rekirts

NOooooo!!!
Registered
Reaction score
My father-in-law phoned the cops once when a restaurant woudn't serve him breakfast because it was after 11:30 a.m.

Yah, he's nuts.

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
rekirts said:
My father-in-law phoned the cops once when a restaurant woudn't serve him breakfast because it was after 11:30 a.m.

Yah, he's nuts.

**spews iced tea all over my computer screen**

Are you freakin' serious???? LOL

Cheryll

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
Don't look at me. I'm on her side. I'd have been asking for names."Excuse me, what's your badge number. Uh-huh. OK. Well, the mayor is going to be hearing about this!"

*points*

It's them! They're the unsympathetic ones!
Which mayor? Mayor McCheese?

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
It's usually the resturant who calls the cops on the people.

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
special needs said:
It's usually the resturants who calls the cops on the people.

That's the flaw in the logic, isn't it? Restaurants treat us like peons. About time someone stood up to the massive Food Industry Machine. I salute this woman, she's a hero to all us "fast food junkies who never got fries with that" everywhere!

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooooh. DON'T get me started about our local Mickie-D's. They are always screwing up my order, and I don't find out until I get home. I don't care so much about my order, but my kids do.

I've had to drive back over and retrieve what they forgot--do I get a frickin' apology? A coupon for free fries? Nada. Zip. Not even "Have a nice day." Just "Here ya go."

Can't say I don't blame the workers, though, for messing with people from time to time. It just never better be ME.

The Commatose Kidd

color me gone
Registered
Reaction score
she's an american damn it! she wants it when she wants it, how she wants it, and in the exact color she wants it- and it better be cheap!

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
That's the flaw in the logic, isn't it? Restaurants treat us like peons. About time someone stood up to the massive Food Industry Machine. I salute this woman, she's a hero to all us "fast food junkies who never got fries with that" everywhere!

Oh my, could I write more horribly today? :eek:

In any case, my dad has called the police several times because of a customer getting out of hand at a resturant. It's a wonder the people at Burger King didn't call the police on her.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
CaroGirl said:
You gotta watch them dangerous burgers. I here they sneak up on you from behind. I saw one with a knife once.
Me too. I mean I sawed one with a knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.