Role Playing Games = Inspiration?

folclor

Left-Handed Writing Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angrypossumpublishing.xyz
Lately, I've found myself being charged up to write when I get done with playing D&D with my group. Not charged up to write about D&D, but to write on my own stories. It's kind of a sense of, "This is amazing! I want to make something amazing, too!"

Does anyone else have that feeling?

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
I think inspiration can come from all sorts of sources, including video games. :)

I totally understand the whole feeling motivated to write your stories after playing a game thing. :) I had many ideas when playing some RPGs/jRPGs, visual novels, raising sims (like Princess Maker), and point-and-click games.

shivadyne

brushing off the diamond dust
Registered
Reaction score
i understand that feeling, yeah. a lot of the rpgs i've played ended up inspiring one idea or another. some games are just so good and i want to make people feel exactly how i felt when playing that game by using my writing as an outlet, if that makes sense.

Whiskey_Black

Registered
Reaction score
INDEED!

When I played Werewolf: The Apocalypse, or Vampire: The Masquerade online (mostly text based & character driven with some stats and dice rolling to keep things fair and proper) I always get inspired. I think it's because my characters mean a lot to me. I'm currently working on three novels, one of which revolves around mine and a friend's Garou from our WWta story line.
Of course I'm having to go in and totally change up the werewolf myths so I don't get sued by White Wolf, lol. I miss RPing with him. He's the reason that I got back into writing, actually.