• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Critique Partner for YA Paranormal Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.

annarmercier

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there friends! I am looking for a critique partner for my YA paranormal horror MISTS OF EVENTIDE.

As far as my CP/editing history, I've participated in the Twitter contest PitchWars. Using the advice I received there plus a newfound CP, I went into a revising comma for a couple of months. I'm now to the point that I want multiple eyes on my project to make it the best it can be.

I'd be happy to look at your MS and see if we are a match!

I would like someone who is like myself and close-ish to the querying/publishing stage.

Blurb about MISTS OF EVENTIDE:

Embrace death to save your family. Embrace death to save your town. Embrace death to save your soul. Fifteen year-old Ada Grindle has no choice but to follow her long dead ancestor’s warning and meet her fate. After chasing a mysterious shadow down a cliff and meeting her death, Ada embraces her destiny as the new Grim Reaper for her town in the hopes that it will save her family and soul. Ada charges head first into the mystical other side of her small southern town to try and hunt the ghostly witch that laid the curse on her family. As she tries to chase down the leads in her father’s old journal, a hundred year old feud is rekindled and Ada’s family stands at the heart of it. Ada must act quickly to save her family from being the next ghosts haunting Woodhaven.

Cheers!

jennmarie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm also looking for a critique partner for my YA paranormal horror INTERTWINED.

It's definitely close-ish to the publishing stage, having gone through multiple drafts and content editing. I've never critiqued someone else's work, so I'm not sure if I'm what you're looking for, but I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about my writing style/MS :)

Here's the blurb for INTERTWINED:

Seventeen-year-old Elizabeth Parker is a rule follower. Which is why the thought of her younger cousin, April, participating in what is, clearly, a setup disguised as an initiation, worries her to the point of intervention.

One that backfires … big time …

Mistaken for her cousin, Elizabeth finds herself transported to an abandoned plantation, a place deeply haunted with unresolved mystery and where horror reigns every summer between July 14 and August 20.

It is there, locked in the pitch dark, where she finds a list of instructions—follow the clues to various possessions in the house, store them in the backpack provided, and find the key that will grant her escape. Minor problem—according to April, the possessions are incorporeal to everyone but her. Hence the abduction.

Trapped with nowhere to go, Elizabeth encounters Adam Hunt—a mysterious trespasser with his own agenda. Having snuck in to document the haunting, he offers to help her find the key so long as she helps him record paranormal activity along the way. As they make their way through the house, they soon discover unexplained anomalies …

For the first time in the plantation's recorded history, the haunting deviates from its known cycle of events, thrusting Elizabeth and Adam in a series of perilous circumstances that ensue long after the night is over.

As the last day of the haunting draws nearer, and as forces beyond their control ignite their growing attraction, Elizabeth and Adam must work together to uncover the plantations mysterious past before its too late.

Or die trying.

Let me know if you're interested! Thanks!

annarmercier

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there!

This definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in! The premise is a nice mystery with some of those almost southern gothic elements. It's a bonus that we have the same genre. I'll send you a message on here with my e-mail.

Sorry it took so long to get back. I didn't get an e-mail notification of your post!

HannahKarena

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! Not sure if you're still looking for someone to swap with but the above summary sounds great. Love to see pages if you're interested.

I have a YA urban fantasy about a 15yo girl struggling to become a witch that's complete and I'd really like some eyes on it for big picture feedback.

This book in particular isn't ready for querying, but I have a MG ghost novel out on query now (started a couple months ago).

Hannah

Status
Not open for further replies.