Incoming games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
There's quite a bunch of anticipation for the 2016 lineup. We're getting Mass Effect: Andromeda, Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, Telltale: Batman, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex:Mankind Divided, Far Cry Primal, Mafia III, The Last Guardian, No Man's Sky...

Is anyone else salivating? I'm salivating.

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
The Last Guardian is the only one on that list that halfway calls to me, although I don't know anything about No Man's Land. I'll have to look more up on it.

However, for me, there's Lego Marvel Avengers coming in a few weeks, Persona 5 in June, Legend of Zelda WiiU (*) and the Twilight Princess HD rerelease, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Yooka-Laylee (*), and Horizon: Zero Dawn, so yes, I will join you in your salivating over the coming year. :D

*anticipated this year but no set date yet

SoulofaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
No Man's Sky looks good. Strangely curious about Unraveled, too.

Mostly I'm looking forward to Dark Souls 3. >:D

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so hyped for Dishonored 2. Can't decide if I'm going to play as Corvo or Emily first.

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score
Final Fantasy XV

I'll believe that when I see it in a store, with a disc inside it, playing on some screen nearby to make sure there's actually a game on it.

Legend of Zelda WiiU (*) and the Twilight Princess HD rerelease

Oooohh. Love that game. Only reason I wish I'd gotten a Wii is for the Zelda stuff. Alas.

I also wonder what small, indie game is going to upstage the big players this year, or at least impress well beyond its budget. That's becoming more and more regular an occurrence, which I think is good.

shivadyne

brushing off the diamond dust
Registered
Reaction score

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
ooh, i'm excited for these as well! :) i'm also looking forward to the two new fire emblem games, though i might just wait for the third one to be released before i get it.

My sister and I are just going to jump onto the third one. (My sister is really into the combat and main story of Fire Emblem more than I am; I'm more for the dating and offpring features, lol.)

We wanted both of the same-sex options in the same game, and we didn't want to do another one of those two separate games thing. (We have enough of that with the Pokemon, Inazuma Eleven, Inazuma Eleven Go games.)

shivadyne

brushing off the diamond dust
Registered
Reaction score
My sister and I are just going to jump onto the third one. (My sister is really into the combat and main story of Fire Emblem more than I am; I'm more for the dating and offpring features, lol.)

We wanted both of the same-sex options in the same game, and we didn't want to do another one of those two separate games thing. (We have enough of that with the Pokemon, Inazuma Eleven, Inazuma Eleven Go games.)

yeah, those are similar reasons to why i intend to wait as well. i'm into both the combat and dating aspects, though. :p

Luzoni

Toddler wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Ok...using my new iPhone for the first time to reply here, ack!

I'm definitely interested in most of those. I was really big into Mass Effect, so Andromeda is appealing. But since Shep and Garrus won't be in it that dampens my excitement a bit. I have now played all three uncharted games as well and loved their cinematic feel, but Uncharted 3 felt like it had some leaps in logic in the story to me, which irritated me. Still a good game tho, not as good as the second one.

Saw a special on BBC about No Mans Sky, PC based I assumed. Also interesting.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
I was really big into Mass Effect, so Andromeda is appealing. But since Shep and Garrus won't be in it that dampens my excitement a bit.
I'm glad they're moving on from Shep. I'll miss [her] too, but I'm ready for new characters, particularly a new MC, in a new galaxy. I got faith in Bioware. Like another commented, I'm excited about Last Guardian too and Legend of Zelda WiiU (even though I don't own either console––yet). I'm hoping that EA will unveil this year what that other Star Wars property they're working on, or publishing, in conjunction with Visceral. KOTOR 3?

No. Just a dream. But still pumped. :)

Luzoni

Toddler wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad they're moving on from Shep. I'll miss [her] too, but I'm ready for new characters, particularly a new MC, in a new galaxy. I got faith in Bioware.

Omgosh I can finally use the quote feature. My old phone sucked. Sorry, geeking out over my new phone again.

After ME3 my faith in Bioware was really shaken and so I was skeptical of Andromeda and may still be. But then I got Dragon Age Inquisition and now I'm more pumped for a sequel to that, which hasn't been announced, than for ME. But seeing what they can do when they have the time to finish a project without EA lashing the whip. With all the great and lovable characters in DA...yeah I can get behind that like you said. But damn I'm going to miss Garrus. Tali too. But maybe we will see Grunt again or Liara.

Regardless, no doubt it will be interesting.

Luzoni

Toddler wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and you forgot one game: Mirror's Edge. That one is supposedly going to be out in February. Ostensibly they've learned from their mistakes in the first game and fixed combat and hopefully provided and more fulfilling story with fewer info gaps. I'm looking forward to that one too.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
New Uncharted! (eventually...) I'm so excited for it that I'm already cursing the damn driving sequences.

I'm just not holding my breath to see Detroit this year, as much as I'd love it. Completely conflicted about No Man's Sky, but I'm really looking forward to the discussion about it.

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Dead island 2! I love, love, love the franchise- I'm busy playing riptide at the moment. There's nothing quite so satisfying as decapitating zombies with an electrified shovel.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
All the Unravel stuff I've seen, I just wanted to make an adorable yarn-doll.

The creator made a how-to video! Excuse me while I go find some red yarn....

Status
Not open for further replies.