What are you up to this Happy New Year's Day?

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Happy New Year my friends. What are you doing today to celebrate the first day of a new year?

Me...I'm watching the Young and the Restless for the first time in 20 years. :D (Because I can)

I hope the new year finds us all healthier and well published!

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Hoping I can find an open coffee shop...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Just got up, which is nice. Having my coffee and orange juice. Just read about Natalie Cole's passing and feeling bad about that. She was a great singer, I think. Even a little better than her dad, imo.

Just turned on a college football game, the rest of the house is still asleep. I'm hoping my wife isn't as mad at me as I predict she'll be. I'm gonna try to have a fun day regardless.

MurderOfCrows

Registered
Reaction score
I've been at work nearly five hours, myself. Doing some research between calls of 'where is my drunk child' (I work with law enforcement.)

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to decide whether to pull out the writing or the knitting... I know I'll get to both, I just can't make up my mind which one to start with.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Just got up, which is nice. Having my coffee and orange juice. Just read about Natalie Cole's passing and feeling bad about that. She was a great singer, I think. Even a little better than her dad, imo.

Just turned on a college football game, the rest of the house is still asleep. I'm hoping my wife isn't as mad at me as I predict she'll be. I'm gonna try to have a fun day regardless.
I was sad to hear about Natalie Cole's passing too.

I've been at work nearly five hours, myself. Doing some research between calls of 'where is my drunk child' (I work with law enforcement.)
Thank you for your service!

Trying to decide whether to pull out the writing or the knitting... I know I'll get to both, I just can't make up my mind which one to start with.
I'm going to write later. :)

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Went to the grocery store (turkeys on sale for 39 cents a pound - whoopee!), then came home and uploaded a bunch of photos to Facebook from a family wedding on the 27th. I'll make a pork roast for dinner later, but right now I'm going to READ. I could try to do some writing while the house is quiet, I suppose...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cooking our traditional New Year's Day dinner and waiting for the Gingerbread to cool so I can drizzle the lemon glaze over it.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Woke up late.

Set up a new journal for the year based on the Bullet Journal system. I've been attempting to manage everything digitally with calendars and apps up the wazoo but clearly it hasn't been working. So I went back to paper, it's not like I'm suffering a shortage of notebooks lol. So far I do like it even if it does take some extra time to set up and manage. The real test will be if I'm still using it a month from now.

Wrote a blog post about it.

Handled my inbox. Well, for the most part. I did schedule some time in my fancy new journal to take a look at the more involved paperwork on Monday.

Now I'm sitting here with a coffee trying to decide what to do with the rest of my afternoon. I've got 2 hours between now and when I go for my run. I'm thinking writing is probably my best bet so I can finish my day off strong. Writing, workout, dinner then time to relax.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Went to the grocery store (turkeys on sale for 39 cents a pound - whoopee!), then came home and uploaded a bunch of photos to Facebook from a family wedding on the 27th. I'll make a pork roast for dinner later, but right now I'm going to READ. I could try to do some writing while the house is quiet, I suppose...
Ooooh! I should go buy a turkey this weekend. I have a deep freezer. :)

Cooking our traditional New Year's Day dinner and waiting for the Gingerbread to cool so I can drizzle the lemon glaze over it.
I'll be right over for some of that ginger bread ;)

Woke up late.

Set up a new journal for the year based on the Bullet Journal system. I've been attempting to manage everything digitally with calendars and apps up the wazoo but clearly it hasn't been working. So I went back to paper, it's not like I'm suffering a shortage of notebooks lol. So far I do like it even if it does take some extra time to set up and manage. The real test will be if I'm still using it a month from now.

Wrote a blog post about it.

Handled my inbox. Well, for the most part. I did schedule some time in my fancy new journal to take a look at the more involved paperwork on Monday.

Now I'm sitting here with a coffee trying to decide what to do with the rest of my afternoon. I've got 2 hours between now and when I go for my run. I'm thinking writing is probably my best bet so I can finish my day off strong. Writing, workout, dinner then time to relax.
I wish I had your ambition.

Wow, I've... never actually had that happen before.

You're welcome???
It's a tradition at the Utah Department of Workforce Services to thank those who serve and protect us. :)

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Funnily enough, it wasn't ambition so much as playing with my new toy lol. I wanted to be able to check things off so I did a bunch of things I hadn't actually planned on. I have to admit it does feel pretty good starting the new year off so productively.

If it's any consolation my workout was kind of a bust. Everything was being annoying and my app decided to do this stupid thing where it suddenly decides I'm running twice as fast as I've ever actually been capable of and then screws everything up. Sigh. And then I was so irritated and distracted I ended up only running 1 mile instead of 5k and walking the rest.

Now that I've had dinner it's time to relax, yay. Going to play my new game for a bit and if it's not too distracting maybe put up The West Wing, I've been binging that hard all week.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I slept in, watched the Rose Parade, made a nice brunch casserole (and Bloody Marys), got some serious crochet time in while the cat took a long nap. Because the casserole was so filling, we decided to postpone the crabmeat au gratin until tomorrow and just grazed for dinner.

Off to crochet some more as the cat is sleeping again.

MM

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
We went down to the nearby state park, which was fee-free today. (We actually have annual passes, but the one for this car was misplaced, so it was just as well. Not that we mind paying to keep the park open, but it's nice not to have to.) It wasn't bad in the sun, but still frosty in the shade. Got some decent close-ups of a thawing feather...

SammFeathCU300jW_zps4qxvciqd.jpg

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Cleaned out my dresser and closet; did laundry, dishes, and am about to vacuum...