The flu SUCKS..please commiserate with me

Brink

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.texasriverdata.com
I have the flu bug from the depths of hell right now. 105 deg fever and I am freezing to death. I cannot stop shaking. Every fucking time I get a flu shot (3 weeks ago) I get the damn flu that year. I am going to poke my doctor's eyes out I think in retribution. I am a 265lb baby right now though. Fever always knocks me on my butt.

That is all.

Last edited:

2gregory

Golden boy with feet of clay
Registered
Reaction score
The flu sucks. My spouse is currently out for the count. The munchkins are distraught. Feel better. May you only be stuck with it for the rest of the year.

Silva

saucy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
*pulls shirt over nose*

*sprays air with bleach*

j/k, I had one of those 24 hour viruses recently, so I am fresh with the sickie sympathy.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
My sympathies. Had a light case of the flu twice in the last two months. Husband gets it, passes it to me. I pass it back and on we go.

The last few years, I have gotten sick almost immediately after getting a flu shot. I begin to wonder if some of us should just not get them.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't gotten a flu shot since Dec of 1964. And the only reason I got one then is that the Navy wouldn't let us on their boat without them. In the intervening years I have gotten flu twice. The last time was about 1982.

MM

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The first time I had the flu as an adult, I vividly remember thinking that I felt so very awful, day after day, that if I died it might be a relief. Not that I wished for death, just thought it'd be okay. That's how bad the flu is.

Here, let me give you a short stack of trashy DVDs to fall asleep to.