• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta readers for first 10 chapters of a fantasy novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blahman919

Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished the first 10 chapters of my novel, currently named Flare. Looking for critique on both the story so far and the pacing. And anything else one might pick up on, such as grammar mistakes. The 10 chapters sit around 22,400 words.

Synopsis:

The kingdom of Lone is once again threatened by war and is receiving the aid of the Lameral Mountain dragon clan. The second son to Aristarh king of Lone, Ivan Aristov along with his brother Borya, the hair to the throne, and the kingdom's best warriors must train as dragon riders in order to give the smaller kingdom a chance against the large empire's armies. Will the aid of dragons be enough to turn the tides of war or will the kingdom become just another providence under the empire's control?

If this sounds like something you would be interested in please message me to work out any more details and what way would be best to send the chapters.
Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Glass Valkyrie

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there!

Your story sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if asking for a beta reader as your first post on the forum is wise. Perhaps take a moment and go introduce yourself? Take a look around the forums and join some conversations. I am still pretty new too, but taking the time to look around and introduce myself along with reading all the stickies really helped me. Once you've reached 50 posts you can put up a piece of your work in the Share Your Work sub forum, that way also, people can look at your style and see if they want to tackle beta reading a longer project. Good luck! If you have any questions, then please let me know!

Blahman919

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

I've been planning to introduce myself, I'm just really hoping to get a couple more readers for my books. I have a couple of friends who read it but, I cannot tell if they give out the best critique or if they are biased. But I defiantly plan on getting more into the community here. I love reading up on what others have done when it comes to writing. But thank you again for the reply I will make sure to go and introduce myself.

SevasTra82

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

I've been planning to introduce myself, I'm just really hoping to get a couple more readers for my books. I have a couple of friends who read it but, I cannot tell if they give out the best critique or if they are biased. But I defiantly plan on getting more into the community here. I love reading up on what others have done when it comes to writing. But thank you again for the reply I will make sure to go and introduce myself.

I can understand where you are coming from. This board is very easy to "lurk" on and get writing advice, comments, suggestions etc. It's a ton of wonderful information that sometimes does not include having to "post" yourself. (I've been on here for years, yet I have a very minimum post count, compared to some).

With that being said, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm finishing up the first chapter of my story and was looking for some input, so perhaps we can be of some help to one another? Send me a private message and maybe we can work out something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.