• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Mystery novel critique partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A busy editing year is nearly done. In 2016, I'm making time to devote to my own work-in-progress, hopefully beginning by swapping chapters with another mystery writer.

Mine's about a partially disabled veteran back from the first gulf war. Returning to teaching history in a small Montana college didn't work out for him, so he's putting other skills to use in hopes to build a practice as a private investigator.

A popular old sheriff is killed, and a young reservation cop goes missing. Federal, state, county, and city jurisdiction becomes muddled, and a group of elderly law enforcement officers seeks to hire the deaf veteran PI to look into the matter--so long as they can keep tabs on him through assistants they provide, an interpreter for the deaf and a green deputy.

As if there isn't enough trouble in the making, the PI takes a liking to his interpreter, and a romance develops in 83,000 words.

If you also have a mystery with some romance involved--or even a romance novel with a mystery element--and would like to swap a few chapters to see if we're a fit as critique partners, let's get together in a PM.

Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.