ISIS wants you to hate and revile Muslims

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.newsweek.com/scapegoating-muslims-playing-hands-isis-401109

The report “Anti-Muslim Sentiment Is a Serious Threat to American Security” focuses on an additional aspect of Islamophobia that receives too little attention in the current political discourse—that ISIS wants and needs the United States and other Western societies to alienate their Muslim populations through their words and deeds. This is a stated goal of ISIS leadership.

ISIS needs the West to alienate and marginalize its Muslim citizens in order to foster the appearance of a war against Islam. ISIS desperately needs new recruits in order to contend with its massive weakness compared with the forces aligned against the group and its incredible unpopularity among Muslims in Muslim-majority countries.

This article was written after the Paris attacks but before the recent one in San Bernardino, apparently. However, its central points remain relevant and worth noting. A key leadership policy of ISIS is to actively foment non-Muslim hatred for Muslims, in order to use us as recruiting tools.

Interesting how many political figures are falling right into line with this plan.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Well of course it does. The more Muslims feel cast out of Western society, the more irrationally hated, the more the target of government sanctioned racist attacks, the more likely they are to turn to ISIS because no one else will help them.

Condemning all Muslims because of the actions of ISIS is beyond folly.

Regrettably, all too many Western politicians and kneejerk racists are pantingly eager to fall in line with ISIS' desires.

Last edited:

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
Yes, we as a people are all too willing to play the part ISIS has crafted for us. In the face of hatred, we spew hatred back. It's a zero sum game, at best.

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
It seems what appears to be a majority, but probably rather a very vocal small minority within Republicans are casting out the Muslims. I remember hearing someone saying, "Obama really needs to take a hard stance to help control these Muslims." I responded, "Don't you mean radicalized Muslims?" And he said, "No. I said Muslims."

That was all I needed to hear from that individual.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Governor Pataki recently said on Twitter that he wanted to kill 'Radical Islamists', and I thought to myself that the poor Whirling Dervishes haven't done any harm to anyone.

'Radical' is always relative, of course, and the Sufi path that the Dervishes follow is one of the most radical in Islam, compared to the mainstream. Radical does not mean violent. It just mean 'very different from the normal'.

But it sort of illustrates the main thing behind outbursts like that of Governor Pataki. They're not against 'radical islam'. They're against Islam. Period. Radical or not. The GOP seems to be morphing into a Francoist or Mussolini-like party that hold up an 'other' to make frightened people fall in line.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect for some people, anyone willing to admit they're a Muslim must automatically be a 'radical' because otherwise, why wouldn't they, if not convert, at least pretend to be 'like everybody else'? They're just trying to be difficult, to muddy the waters. If the 'reasonable' ones would just stop being Muslims, it would be sooo much easier to tell the sheep from the goats. :sarcasm

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Well of course it does. The more Muslims feel cast out of Western society, the more irrationally hated, the more the target of government sanctioned racist attacks, the more likely they are to turn to ISIS because no one else will help them.

Condemning all Muslims because of the actions of ISIS is beyond folly.

Regrettably, all too many Western politicians and unimaginative racist fools are pantingly eager to fall in line with ISIS' desires.
Obviously.

But we don't need ISIS for that. Geniuses like the authors of Bare Naked Islam and other such sites are doing a fine job by making every Muslim wife-beater out to be a worse creature than a white mass shooter because "the Qur'an says".

Bandicoot

Registered
Reaction score
Just imagine what would have happened if Syrian Muslims decided to migrate not to the West but to the IS held areas. What a tremendous psychological and propaganda coup that would have been for the IS. Not to mention the fact that they would have had killers, canno-fodder, human shields and breeders aplenty. The fact that Syrian and Iraqi Muslims are running away from the Caliphate instead of embracing it is a moral and political defeat for the IS. It's possible most people stay in Raqqa and other places under IS control because they have no way of leaving.

Finally wars cannot be won with money and guns. You need people and that seems to be the IS's main weak point. Compared to the number of Muslims running away from the IS, the number of Muslims going there is negligible. That is probably one reason the IS wants Muslims elsewhere to become totally alienated.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So by there logic I should

-hate all men because some men rape
-hate all women because my mother was a miserable bitch
-hate all Jewish people because one was rude to me
-hate all Jehovah's Witnesses because one interrupted me when I was busy
-hate all Republicans because I disagree with a few
-hate all Christians because some are far too conservative in their thinking
-hate everyone because someone of some derivation did something that offended, annoyed or insulted me at some point or another in my life.

Nah, I think I'll like everyone until a particular person gives me a specific reason not to like just them.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
So by there logic I should

-hate all men because some men rape
-hate all women because my mother was a miserable bitch
-hate all Jewish people because one was rude to me
-hate all Jehovah's Witnesses because one interrupted me when I was busy
-hate all Republicans because I disagree with a few
-hate all Christians because some are far too conservative in their thinking
-hate everyone because someone of some derivation did something that offended, annoyed or insulted me at some point or another in my life.

Nah, I think I'll like everyone until a particular person gives me a specific reason not to like just them.
According to statistics (which I do dare question), 1 in 16 men will at some point in his life commit some form of sexual assault. Whereas according to a different calculation, 3 hundred million out of 1.6 billion Muslims only even believe in the kind of Islam that is fundamentalistic enough to even have them consider terror, while only a fraction of those Muslims become terrorists or else we'd know because those numbers would do far greater damage than what we're having now. But it's always more convenient to pick a foreign element as your designated enemy. Your next door neighbor, that's awkward.