• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Let's be Beta Buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anberlin

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to AW and I would like to start building relationships with other ya writers.

I'm working on a ya suspense right now, but I'm still at least two months away from needing betas for it.

In the meantime, I'm interested in helping out other ya authors with work that needs to be read.

Ideally, I would want to beta a couple of chapters at first. Then, if we click, I could take on the whole piece. I'm interested in most genres. My only preference is that it be for the older YA audience (14+).

Eventually, maybe you could return the favor.

Let me know if you're interested!

zoedragon

Registered
Reaction score
I like this idea. I, too, am new to this forum. You may be honored to know this is my very first post here! Okay, perhaps honored is a bit strong of a word... how about delighted? :-D

Anyway, I am at that point where I'm starting to scout for beta readers. I'm nearly done with my second draft, but my first few chapters are ready to share to potentials. It's a YA teen audience, as is your preference. I struggle with subcategories. Is it paranormal? Is it fantasy? Something along those lines. If you'd like to see if any clicking occurs, I'd be happy to send a couple chapters. And when yours is ready, I'd be just as happy to beta it as well.

NicoleScripting

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new too and I seriously need other writer friends. I've rewritten my first chapter twenty times and I can't be objective about it anymore. I write Contemporary YA. I'm currently revising.
I would love to exchange chapters with either or both of you. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.