Shooting at BLM protest in Minneapolis

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
This story is developing.

http://usuncut.com/news/breaking-se...st-shot-by-white-supremacists-in-minneapolis/

A peaceful demonstration for Jamar Clark and Black Lives Matter exploded into violence late Monday night in Minneapolis when suspected white supremacists opened fire on the protesters.
Early reports seemed to indicate that only two had been shot, but it appears that a total of five people have been shot. The AP confirmed five with the police, supporting what many other protesters stated via Twitter.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
a despicable act of terrorism. they need to find the shooters and identify any organizational structure around them and come down on them with the full force of the law.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm far less stressed over the threat posed by international terrorists sneaking into the country and launching acts of violence in the homeland than I am from the forgotten threat posed by domestic terrorists already here.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More shots fired last night.

I can't wait to find out how this is all a plot by #BLM to provoke sympathy.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, there were protests in the streets following the release of a video of the shooting of Laquan McDonald. The officer, Jason Van Dyke, has a history of complaints against him.

Washington Post article:

In the graphic video seen across the country Tuesday, Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke levels his gun toward Laquan McDonald, an African American teen carrying a knife and veering away from the officer. Van Dyke shoots. McDonald spins, then falls to the ground as Van Dyke continues to fire every bullet in his clip — 16 shots in all.

The officer was charged Tuesday with first degree murder in the Oct. 20, 2014, shooting, which prosecutors say was an “improper use of deadly force.” That night protesters in Chicago streamed through downtown toward police department headquarters, chanting “16 shots.”

Van Dyke, a white 14-year veteran of Chicago’s police force, has been accused of misconduct 17 times before, according to data from the University of Chicago and the journalism non-profit Invisible Institute. The database, published less than a week before the announcement that Van Dyke would be prosecuted, details tens of thousands of complaints against Chicago police officers that weren’t previously made public. Fewer than five percent of the allegations resulted in disciplinary actions for the officers; none of the 18 complaints against Van Dyke led to a penalty.

14 years veteran. 17 complaints. 16 shots. Run the numbers and this guy sounds like a really good cop.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
More shots fired last night.

I can't wait to find out how this is all a plot by #BLM to provoke sympathy.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, there were protests in the streets following the release of a video of the shooting of Laquan McDonald. The officer, Jason Van Dyke, has a history of complaints against him.

14 years veteran. 17 complaints. 16 shots. Run the numbers and this guy sounds like a really good cop.
I am STUNNED every time I hear about those 16 shots. It's even worse than the one that happened here in Toronto in 2013. 18yr old Sammy Yatim was on a streetcar with a knife. The streetcar was already emptied...they could have waited for the young man to grow old on that streetcar. Instead, the cop shot him 8 times. Fish in a barrel. So utterly disgusting. Why are these cops allowed to wear uniforms? Don't they have to undergo psychiatric evaluation? They seem like murderers with a free pass to me.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
The other day, Sherrod Brown came out and said
I mean, since the beginning of the Bush administration when we were attacked, September 11th, we've not had any major terrorist attacks in this country," Brown said. "We've had individual crazy people, of normally, they look more like me than they look like Middle Easterners -- they are generally white males -- who have shot up people in movie theaters and schools. Those are terrorist attacks, they're just different kinds of terrorists."

Seems to me like this is a pretty good example of what he was talking about.

I hope those injured make a full recovery from this despicable and cowardly attack.