Belgium, we love you (trigger warning - cats)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know I posted this elsewhere but I feel it deserves its own thread since this whole terrorism thing isn't going anywhere very soon:
When, on Sunday evening, Belgian police asked citizens not to tweet about the armed operations that were being carried out around the country, anyone could have been excused for reacting with fear.Belgian forces – searching for suspects in the aftermath of the Paris attacks – told citizens to stay indoors and not go near their windows for safety reasons.
They also appealed for social media silence about any police action users might witness – presumably to keep the suspects in the dark.

A tense time, no doubt. But Belgium reacted – how else? – with cats.
Instead of speculation about the sort of threat police might be reacting to, many people used the #BrusselsLockdown hashtag to post pictures of their pets.

More here:

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And a much better idea than just trying to get people to keep off social media, which is unlikely to work. Awww, that one little mouseketeer looks so much like Antonio Banderas' Puss-in-Boots.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Belgian cats are tasty and nutritious.
OH NO YOU DON'T!

Here's my Belgium-imported cat, 15.5 years old, with a 6 inch drool string :hooray:
65835_114653842044088_1214170558_n_267x400.jpg

Last edited:

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Even the federal police joined in with a little thank you to all the felines who helped them do their job.

Belgian cats are tasty and nutritious.
I think you may be confusing them with chocolate. While chocolate is also an accepted cat-breed colouration I would advise against eating chocolate-coloured cats, they make offense and unlike ordinary chocolate, cats come with claws. Stick to real chocolate instead would be my advise. Or waffles. Or chocolate covered waffles. We have it all.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, now this just brought a smile to my face. Thanks!