San Francisco Touristy Stuff - 1993

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Danny is talking to Angie about their four-day affair in San Francisco in 1993 that she doesn't remember. Danny hasn't refreshed her memory at all, but she's going to pull some memory out of nowhere.

Anyone from the area who has some ideas for what it could be. He was a sailor on a weekend pass. She lived there, and did caricatures on Pier 39, where they met. I need it to be fairly SF-specific so that is obvious she's got a buried memory.

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Golden Gate, both Bridge and Park.
Coit Tower.
Cable cars.
Fisherman's Wharf.
Ferries across the Bay to places like Sausalito.
North Beach restaurants.
Walking (SF is a great city to stroll around in, and an utter horror to drive a car in).
Sailboats on the Bay on a warm sunny day.
The Pacific shore cliffs, waves and seals.
The famous City Lights bookstore.

That's a small start. I used to work right downtown in the financial district, and there's plenty of good stuff to go around.

caw

CEtchison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cheryletchison.com
I traveled to SF once for a work conference in 1995 when I was 24. Although I was only there four days, I spent late afternoons/early evenings doing a lot on Blacbird's list. The ferry tour around Alcatrez and beneath the Golden Gate. Saw the sea lions at Fisherman's Wharf. My hotel was the Hyatt? Embarcadero at the end of Market Street. I walked over to the pier and took a crapton of pictures of the Port of San Francisco sign, the Bay Bridge, the Transamerica Building. Rode the cable cars. Also, I ate my weight in Boudin sourdough bread and Ghirardelli chocolate (actually went to the factory). Seriously, it was almost all I ate the entire week aside from conference breakfasts/lunches. My expenses for food was like $43. lol While at the chocolate factory I remember watching them manually spinning the cable car on a giant turntable.

But seriously, a friend of my daughter's was talking about SF and how all he did was eat sourdough and chocolate too. lol If you're not from there or don't visit often, I guess it's a thing.

Last edited: