New Star Trek series in the works

VEHust

Registered
Reaction score
Guh this is my Jam! I am such a closeted Star Trek nerd it isn't even funny. Thanks for the info although I wish it was going to air on television instead of streaming on all access.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
For me, no attempt at a Star Trek series has ever captured the magic of the original. I understand part of that is because I was a child and all that science fictiony stuff just blew my mind. But still, it seemed like each series progressively got away from the magic and wonder of childhood discovery.

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder what this will mean for those high dollar fan productions like "Axanar" and "Renegades"?

As to the show, I'll be interested to see how they approach it. I feel like the "planet of the week" approach will be too 80s/90s for current viewing tastes. TV/streaming shows seem to be moving towards the long arcs.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I wonder what this will mean for those high dollar fan productions like "Axanar" and "Renegades"?

As to the show, I'll be interested to see how they approach it. I feel like the "planet of the week" approach will be too 80s/90s for current viewing tastes. TV/streaming shows seem to be moving towards the long arcs.

I hate long arcs. I like self-contained episodes. I barely remember what I had for breakfast let alone what happened last week, or the week before that, in the show.

ETA: I would add that long story arcs are the reason I stopped watching Agents of SHIELD and many other shows. Once you fall behind then try to watch a current show, you're confused -- new characters, characters you thought were gone are back, etc.

Last edited: