Not open for further replies.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
For a good cook, maybe crepes? They look way impressive but you just chop some fruit, or salmon and grapes or some lovely combo. if you have the batter in the fridge the whole thing with a white wine sauce could be done in 5-10 minutes.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Eggs Benedict is also good. It's just a toasted English muffin, a slice of Canadian bacon, and a poached egg covered with Hollandaise sauce (egg yolks, butter and lemon juice). It's basically an Egg McMuffin with Hollandaise. But it's served open face and is considered an elaborate breakfast.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
French toast and fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries). Coffee and juice.

Or, since you're in Mexico, a Spanish omelet.

ac

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
Stuffed French Toast with fruit on the side. (Get thick bread slices and stuff them with cream cheese and preserves.) Veinglory already mentioned crepes. You can make any omelet elegant with the right ingredients, e.g., mushroom and crab, spinach and feta cheese. Oh, and with omelets or even Eggs Benedict, sautéed tomatoes in herbs is a nice touch on the side.

ETA: I wanted to add omelet ingredients. I can't stop thinking about a good omelet now. :( I don't have any eggs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.