PDA

View Full Version : What I know and what I don't know.

Steppe
11-02-2015, 02:22 AM
"I walk down the road".

note - This is a statement of fact. It is what I know and what you know as well.

Is it poetry? I don't think it is. Why" Because it is what I know and what you know and so, most likely boring!

Now let us reconsider it in the light of what I don't know and you probably don't either.

"my ambles
nickel and diming down
yesterday's dust
over the sad shutters
of unspent coins lost
from a milkman's cart
watch out for bees parked
on the numerous reds
and blue jelly's
around the longest grass growing
in the west
blown by handfulls
of the honey making wind"

note - #2 may not be a great poem but one thing is certain. I didn't know it till I went down and got it. Didn't know it till I realized I did not know it and went down and got it. And you probably did not know it either. It had a better chance therefore than #1 of, not being boring!

thehairymob
11-02-2015, 07:40 PM
It is the way we say a thing that make the interest. I am often called boring because I waffle on. Especially about those two most tedious of subject politics and history. Yet to me they are very interesting. Something more of us should know more about. Sadly I am a minority in that thinking. Maybe I need to find the colour in those subjects and some may be swayed to my thinking. :)

Next week I figure out how to take over the world, hehehe :D

Steppe
11-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Thank you Hairy for reading this and your comments. I do like the idea of looking down into our sometimes common lines and phrases and seeing what we can find. A very good helper for our poet's writer-block!