Hope you haven't eatten yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a story today (sick) -- that contains some wacko's idea of a BBQ:

"This appears to have been part of a plan to kidnap a person, rape them, torture them, kill them, cut off their head, drain the body of blood, rape the corpse, eat the corpse, then dispose of the organs and bones," Tompkins said.

Full story (don't recommend faint of heart) for those interested is on yahoo.

P.S. This has nothing to do with the easter bunny either.

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
the true horror is that the prosecutor plans to seek the death penalty. how dare society be so barbaric.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
In what I am about to say, I have no intention of sparking any debate on it whatsoever, and I will not continue to post on the issue if someoen decides to call out on it.

If we made abortion illegal, there would still be abortion.

If we made the death penalty illegal, there would be no more death penalty.

Want to be pro-life? Defend the right to life of societies' least valued members: Convicted Felons.

Anyway, this story is very grisly. I'm sure it's being made into a TV-movie script, or a Law and Order episode as we speak.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I heard about this earlier today. The person who shared it also shared his blog, yahoo profile, and Amazon wish list:

The blog: http://futureworldruler.blogspot.com/
The amazon wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/r...37?_encoding=UTF8&id=136JHTXA1HRU9&reveal=all
The yahoo profile: http://profiles.yahoo.com/subspecies23?warn=1

She said, "They're all amusingly normal (well, he's a huge nerd, clearly, but normal for a huge nerd), although his blog profile has a question that would just be silly in any other context, and his amazon wishlist has a few books that are very interesting knowing what he did, but peppered in with things like a book of the Vagina Monologues and a William Shatner CD. (Mandatory lame joke: I can see why he went crazy!) How delightfully bizarre, that our good friend Mr. Internet gives us a peek into the inner workings of people we assume we couldn't understand."

There's a book in there for someone...

Maryn, who finds this fascinating

Last edited:

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
According to my experience as a Psychology Student with a father who works in that domain, I'd say it's always those that appear most normal that are the most dangerous. Of course not always, so just because the dog barks doesn't mean he won't bite.

But they should try and help him, not kill him. Even if what he did is unforgivable.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Forbidden Snowflake said:
But they should try and help him, not kill him. Even if what he did is unforgivable.

humanity is the only species who can articulate the very thought process that will ultimately lead to its extinction.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I look at the death sentence in this case less as punishment than simple prevention of recurrence.

When a vicious dog bites someone, it is put down. Not to "teach the dog a lesson" but to prevent it from biting anyone else.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
He has two of Carlton's books on his wishlist, and both of them shot up in Amazon ranking today.

Hmmmm. I think I discovered a new way to sell books.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
PattiTheWicked said:
I look at the death sentence in this case less as punishment than simple prevention of recurrence.

When a vicious dog bites someone, it is put down. Not to "teach the dog a lesson" but to prevent it from biting anyone else.

Well, I'm glad that in your opinion human beings seem to be not worth more than dogs (and already with dogs I find that's not the way to go).

There are other ways to keep someone from "biting". Killing is the ignorant way.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
No! Heaven forbid!

Lock him away! Psychiatric Asylum. Keep him there, don't let him out. Ever. Make his life liveable, but still not really nice. No books, no computer, no TV, no outside.

Try and work in his issues. Try and help him.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
No! Heaven forbid!
Lock him away! Psychiatric Asylum. Keep him there, don't let him out. Ever. Make his life liveable, but still not really nice. No books, no computer, no TV, no outside.
Try and work in his issues. Try and help him.
Yes, of course. Will you work two jobs to pay for this "livable" arrangement?

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
It's long been clear that the death penalty costs more than lifelong imprisonment.

You know, usually there are several times the case will be before court, each time there'll be appeal again and then the prisoner spends several years on death roll, executed about 20 years after he was first thrown into prison.

So the costing is an argument that just doesn't work. [There have been several studies on that, I didn't just make that up.]

And, that aside, do you really think it's very human to say, oh my god, you cost us too much, we have to kill you?

What exactly separates us from animals again?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
What exactly separates us from animals again?

well, for most of us, it's that we don't abduct and suffocate children, rape their dead bodies and attempt to saw the head off their corpses.

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Animals kill out of need, the survival instinct, humans do it out of sickness, perversion, insanity.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Yes, well there are sick people out there and they did not choose to be sick. And when they were kids they didn't grow up, deciding, one day I'm gonna cut someone's head off, you know?

And, please tell me, what exactly allows us to take someone's life? There we are all judgemental, saying, killing is forbidden, but then we scream for death penalty?

Am I the only person that sees major hypocrisy?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
DeniseK said:
Animals kill out of need, the survival instinct, humans do it out of sickness, perversion, insanity.

actually, that's not quite true, but to debate it would be a distraction from the topic at hand.

Last edited:

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Oh, I would love to know what exactly is not true though about what I just said. I don't exactly like when someone tells me something I say is not true without giving me the opportunity to argue my point. But I will take it up per PM and send you one of those now ;)

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
yikes, now i see what you meant in your PMs. sorry, snowflake, i was attempting to post behind denisek, and my comment was in response to her contention that animals kill only out of need.

sorry for the confusion. i've edited my post to make it clearer.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Yes, well there are sick people out there and they did not choose to be sick. And when they were kids they didn't grow up, deciding, one day I'm gonna cut someone's head off, you know?

And, please tell me, what exactly allows us to take someone's life? There we are all judgemental, saying, killing is forbidden, but then we scream for death penalty?

Am I the only person that sees major hypocrisy?

to get back to your comment, now: i believe the death penalty is part of the social contract. since i have no ties that bind me to religion, i have no dogmatic conflict.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
I'm not religious and not talking about religion

(even though, a short comment here. All those religious people out there, that are pro-death penalty, what exactly happened to us not being allowed to judge, because only God may judge, and to love everyone and so on?)

just looking at the laws. They forbid to kill anyone. So why is it that we still have the right to do it?
Who are we to judge over life and death?

I will quote Tolkien (more or less, quote, I don't remember the exact words):
Many that live deserve to die. Many that are dead deserve to live, can you give them life?

No. So why should we be allowed to take it away.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
again, it goes back to the fundamental social contract. by and large, people work, pay their taxes, contribute to cultural growth, raise their families and get along. in return for what the individual provides for the greater good of society, the state (as agents of society) undertake to protect the meek, the civilized, the good, from evil.

the death penalty as "murder" is specious, at best. (and yes i know that it's listed as homicide on the death certificate, etc).

but if you use the logic that, since it's wrong for you or i to kill, it must be wrong for the state to kill, then logic dictates that the state hasn't even the authority to imprison criminals.

after all, if it's wrong for you or i to kidnap someone ans hold them against their will, it must be wrong for the state as well, yes?

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Well, something has to be done right? And the citizens are protected when someone is locked away.

And I do believe the rest of your life in a tiny cell, with no good food, with no books and no tv and no nothing is a bigger punishment than ending up dead.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Status
Not open for further replies.