• Total voters

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I can't do the Activity Stream. It's change. Change = Badness :)

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
The Activity Stream became the default for me after the change-over and I haven't changed my bookmark. Not cuz I'm change-averse but because I'm too effing lazy.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
+1 for the PSB reference.

i use them both at different times (the viewing options, not the pet shop boys).

Last edited:

beckethm

Registered
Reaction score
How much do you need?

For me the Activity Stream takes too long to scan and is usually full of threads I don't follow. Those things are easier to filter out in the old view.

Silenia

Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what I'm looking for.

I check New Posts with high frequency and then scan through that list for threads I haven't seen before that I might be interested in, or threads I have seen before that were interesting and that have new posts.

However, if I'm waiting for responses on several threads, I sometimes use the activity stream to keep an eye on posts in real time.

And sometimes I'm just browsing through old threads manually. Just opening subforums and looking through the topic list to see if there's anything I want to read.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I chose "with my eyes".

I've never used New Posts as long as I've been here. Not even sure what it does.

I see the Activity Stream because my browser defaults there when I click my bookmark, but I don't like looking at it. I can see P&CE posts from the Activity Stream... *goes full Gollum* P&CE burns us, preciousss. *hiss* We comes here for the writing and fun stuff not the nassty, tricksy, politics, and we prefers not to see those posts and have our head explode. *gollum gollum*

*turns back into a writer*
I much prefer to just click directly to the "Forums" tab without looking at the Activity Stream, and then go the board I want from there.