When exactly is life supposed to get easier?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch.

:heart:

No answers here, sorry to say.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
yea,..that's a big fat never.

but you already know that.

the good news is that we're here for you to lean on.
whatever it is,...hang in there, ktc.

peace.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Don't ask me. I am in weekly counseling sessions for retirement anxiety. Seems like it really is a thing, some folks can never relax. I worried myself sleepless over the cost of the sessions and then remembered that I have Medicare now.

Kids raised and on their own, car paid for, guaranteed yearly winters in southern Florida without even having to babysit and yet I am begging to babysit. My house is almost paid off and the new roof, windows and living room are paid off. The grandkids like me and I like them (duh). I have two sibs that drive me nuts but we are close and caring. My daughters are beginning to see reason in the way they were raised, not exactly a truce but they no longer call me Mommy Dearest. Nice garden to work it all off in-- I still manage to truncate my sleep with mindless worries.

Maybe when I can get away from me things will get better. --s6

Last edited:

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Most of us forget when we signed up for the obstacle course called Life that there were bound to be obstacles.

Each age has its own challenges. Personally, I prefer the physical aches and pains of being 60+ to the insecurities of youth.

The trick to getting through is attitude. If I'm remembering correctly, you've written a "letter" to your younger self. Try applying that attitude to whatever it is you're going through now.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I didn't want to tell him the world is coming to an end in December 2015.
Wasn't it supposed to be December 2012? Damned government is always running behind schedule.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got nothin'—still trying to figure it out myself. If you find out before I do, let me know.

Writer MMS

Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't. The moment you are born is the moment you begin to die. We just learn to build up a tolerance for suffering until we're strong enough to go "fk it" at all the bad stuff and focus on the good.

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well... I guess that kind of depends on what the problem is?

I dreaded this part of life for a few years personally, but now I am starting to like it very much. For the time being anyway, most of my heavy responsibilities are behind me and I can mostly do what I want. I still have a few things to work on but overall, it's pretty nice.

One thing that has definitely made my life easier is shutting the door on people who make it needlessly hard, if that applies.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Bad week having am I.

Ack.

Counting down the minutes until we fly away to Cuba and spend a week on the beach side-by-side holding hands.

People are dying. Judgements are being passed. Family is a shitheel you cannot scrape off, no matter how you try.

Fast-forward to Sunday afternoon...pina colada in hand and Idontgiveafuck in heart.