Going to be a tricky summer in Australia...

Wye Pen

Banned
Reaction score
Eek! I'm glad we're not expected to do That Sort of Thing up here.

Meanwhile, in Queensland, the cops are trained in snake handling.

Thats a copper website in yeour reference Helix ;)

And look at all those photos of people going on and on

Whats the neighborhood watch about. Is it some thhig like 'stand yer ground' in America?

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Thats a copper website in yeour reference Helix ;)

And look at all those photos of people going on and on

Whats the neighborhood watch about. Is it some thhig like 'stand yer ground' in America?

It's quite benign. Just people watching out for and reporting local crime. No weapons and/or vigilantes involved, thank goodness!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for linking me to the spider close up photos just waht i needed today.

And since when you milk a male???

Sorry - I thought it was pretty clear that the link would take you to funnel-webs. (Not to real funnel-webs - just to pictures.)

ETA: The males are milked for venom....

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can't pay me enough to click those links.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
The video made the catching process look much simpler than I imagine I would make it look.

I wonder what they do with those 300 spiders after milking them....

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder what they do with those 300 spiders after milking them....
I believe they send them off to a farm to live with all the other funnel-webs - either that, or out to the country to lurk under toilet seats. :evil (That used to be quite a Thing, out in the country. Nothing like a walk in the dark to an outdoor loo, with a torch to check for funnel-webs. Ah, memories...)

Wye Pen

Banned
Reaction score
It's quite benign. Just people watching out for and reporting local crime. No weapons and/or vigilantes involved, thank goodness!

But bycommon (English) law you are allowed to make a citizen arrest. And it'd be much more successful those arrests if you Queenslanders and more generally the whole island continent of Down Under adopt American way in respect to the Second Amendment (if the USC).

It is so cool the right to keep and bear arms!

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com

Brisbane is a long, long way south of me. I don't recall any records of hexathelids where I am, but there are theraphosids. I'd much rather take my chances with the latter.

- - - Updated - - -

But bycommon (English) law you are allowed to make a citizen arrest. And it'd be much more successful those arrests if you Queenslanders and more generally the whole island continent of Down Under adopt American way in respect to the Second Amendment (if the USC).

Now you're trolling.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score

Australia sharply curtailed gun ownership after suffering the largest mass shooting in the world (still hasn't been topped).

So it's not like you're opening their eyes to something they've never tried before. They tried it and didn't like it.

Wye Pen

Banned
Reaction score
Australia sharply curtailed gun ownership after suffering the largest mass shooting in the world (still hasn't been topped).

So it's not like you're opening their eyes to something they've never tried before. They tried it and didn't like it.

Surely, that was not the reason for enacting this ignorant gun bill. No, You've been misinformed, jjdebenedictis. It was never about people or what they like or dislike.
You can not (must not) impose sever punishment on and take away the basic human rights of the whole confederation of 20 something million people because a lone psychopath went on a shooting spree.

Agree?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Surely, that was not the reason for enacting this ignorant gun bill. No, You've been misinformed, jjdebenedictis. It was never about people or what they like or dislike.
You can not (must not) impose sever punishment on and take away the basic human rights of the whole confederation of 20 something million people because a lone psychopath went on a shooting spree.

Agree?

I don't get your point. What severe punishment? What ignorant gun bill? What basic human rights?

I begin to think you're not Australian, Jywile. Ammirite?

Wye Pen

Banned
Reaction score
I am an English gentleman. But I plan to move to Australia soon.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Soooo, how 'bout those Wallabies

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They're looking very, very good. There is a lot of danger left in the brackets - but not from England...

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score

Agree?
Nope. Don't agree.

More children were shot in the USA last year than police officers were. Nobody needs a gun on their nightstand anymore than they need cocaine in their medicine cabinet.