A Novel Sold and Published

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Banned
Reaction score
Of course this is a plug, but in addition an affirmation that there is light at the end of that tunnel called writing a novel. I few years back I self-published a couple of novels (print), and they did fine, but I hadn't accomplished what I had set out to do a long time ago: get a legitimate literary agent (New York preferably) and sell a novel to a traditional publisher. I spent about six years writing what came to be called Nakamura Reality, much of it was posted and critiqued on AW literary. I spent another year getting an agent, six months rewriting for the agent, and another six months finding a publisher. Many, many twists and turns. But it happened. Coffee, endless revisions, persistence and courage (for "it may never happen" is always in the back of your head). Nakamura Reality will be released in February 2016, but it's up on Amazon now for wish lists and pre-orders. It's also up on Goodreads to mark as a book you'd like to read. One more thing, I'm sure as hell not a kid. Age, but stay open. Read everything. Good luck. Alex

PS: The book is up on Amazon and Goodreads. If you're a member of Goodreads, you can check Nakamura Reality as a book you'd like to read sometime down the road.

Last edited:

Sword&Shield

Registered
Reaction score
There is both an Announcements section for plugging your book, and a Goals & Accomplishments section for posts just like this :)

Congrats anyway though! I bet it feels great!

THingleton

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on achieving your life long dream. I hear ya on not giving up on the traditional route as there are so many options in publishing these days and everyone has to go with the route that they feel will validate them and their writing . And kudo's to you on your comment about age. That's my # 1 worry that due to my age (in my 50"s) that it will never happen. But...I will die trying...Congrats again....

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I also worked on my first book for MANY years so I know the long, twisty-turn journey you describe quite well. Good job not giving up. :)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. :hooray:

Alex

Banned
Reaction score
nakextraextrasmall.jpg
nakextrasmall.jpg
Thanks, Lily.

http://www.alexaustinnovels.com

Last edited:

I_love_coffee

that's what it's all about....
Registered
Reaction score
so happy for you, congrats!!!! I am going to start a goodreads thingy and add it to the list. The blurb about it sound intriguing

Alex

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, kgnwiz_rd. That's so helpful. Where do you post your work?

As always, KathleenT, nice to hear from you. I'll check out Dragon Hoard.

Schnurri

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! You must be feeling great, looking at what you've accomplished! Hope to be there one day, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.