There should be a word for...

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Here's a fun idea.

Does anyone ever have specific feelings or know of certain things that can't be expressed in one word? What are they? And what word would you make up to express them?

I'd have to start with "the feeling of frustration when you hesitate crossing a road because an oncoming car is closer than you thought".

The first word that popped into my head to describe this feeling is "autodamnness".

Who's next?

Lunaty

Would't you like to know..
Registered
Reaction score
Website
readingnooknz.blogspot.co.nz
Like the feeling you have when you need to sneeze but it will not come on properly?

Hmmm... I really hate when that happens (coincidentally had that twice today).

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
My sister is the WORD MARKER.
It is her destiny. Lo! Born was she with such a burden!
But yes, here is her best work.

The SHAPPENING- When a pet or small child commits atrocities using only his or her fecal matter.

Neurotransmitter Crapshoot- When you suffer a burst of emotion, negative, positive or otherwise, without external provocation. Emotion due to neurochemical weirdness.

Truck O' Clock- "When you get on the freeway and nearly die of semi truck. There's a semi truck on either side of you. Behind you, there's some woman on her phone while piloting a minivan full of children, but fear not! For behind that, there is yet another truck."

jlmott

Hello, I must be going
Registered
Reaction score
Like the feeling you have when you need to sneeze but it will not come on properly?

Hmmm... I really hate when that happens (coincidentally had that twice today).

I believe the scientific term for this is mucus interruptus.

And speaking of bodily functions, the condition of meaning to pass gas, and then passing a little something more than just the gas, should be properly called splatulence.

Lunaty

Would't you like to know..
Registered
Reaction score
Website
readingnooknz.blogspot.co.nz
I believe the scientific term for this is mucus interruptus.

And speaking of bodily functions, the condition of meaning to pass gas, and then passing a little something more than just the gas, should be properly called splatulence.

I thought that was simply called a shart.. ;)

Lalaloopsy

Registered
Reaction score
Dashbest
This means being shy but allow seeking attention.