Bars I'd like to visit

WhitePawn

Registered
Reaction score
The Dancing Dretch -- a place you stop off at on your way from Ebberon to Faerun

Any fictional setting is fair game.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
These are real, not fictional:

Heinold's Saloon in Oakland, California. Jack London used to hang out there, and it's still open for business. I'm hoping to check out this place the next time i'm up north.

McSorley's Old Ale House, in NYC. It's been open since, like...the Abraham Lincoln days. Abe himself drank some brew there. Honest.

The White Horse Tavern, also in NYC. Might as well go there after spending some time at McSorley's -- "pub crawling", as they say.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Too many to list but if I had to pick: Ring O' Bells in Lancaster. Still there, but the best years were 96-06.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I love a dive bar. The ones no one's heard of. Way off the beaten path. When I first got to LA, every night I'd get in my car and explore. I'd find the most remote nooks in the city, the valley, out towards the desert, or some little beach town, go in and drink with the locals. The more character the people had, the more I liked it. So many experiences, so much fun, not nearly the amount of trouble you'd expect, once they got why I was there (a round or two on me usually helped-also generous tipping) and you were in for a night you'd remember. Now, married, fathering, responsible (more or less) and stiff DUI penalties, and the most excitement I get is when I walk to the local watering hole--we know each other, old news, so not the same mystery or excitement, but you know, we make do as best we can. I do miss those days though. A lot.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
You knew you were accepted at a pub when the barmaid came over to your table to draw the curtains at about half eleven, and you realised that they'd locked the door. :)

Last edited:

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Especially if you were the only one left in the joint. Never actually happened to me, but I can imagine, can't I?

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha, hey, if we see it that way, then it must be what really happened. Perception is everything.