PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a mentor!!

poppyI
10-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Hey, I know this is a new kind of post but I thought why not! I am a newbie in the business and I need all the help I can get since I have no other contacts for the matter. Any volunteers to guide through my self publishing process will be much appreciated. Anyone self published and knows the process well, I can use you as my mentor!
Other than that I would love to make some new friends!
ps: I am a non fiction writer based on spirituality.

ASeiple
10-02-2015, 05:48 PM
I don't know enough yet to be a proper mentor, but I'm willing to be a friend. Only been doing this SP thing for about 2.5 months.

That said, I've read and researched, and been through a pretty minorly successful effort, so I might be able to answer a few questions. Or I'm here if you just wanna talk, and so's the rest of the forum.

Gods know they've saved me from a few costly mistakes, via my own self-publishing journal thread... :D

davidjgalloway
10-02-2015, 05:58 PM
poppyI, there may very well be folks who can mentor you, but it's a lot to ask, and I think anyone who can do it would also expect you to take a few days (minimum) and read through the threads here. There is SO MUCH good info , and worlds of experience, that you really should process before asking a mentor for help. I think a lot of your questions will be answered in past posts, and that way you can focus on real issues. Just my 2c--I still haven't taken the SP leap, but this forum has helped me immensely in getting ready to take that step, and has also taken away a lot of the fear that I have no idea what I'm doing!

Best of luck!