It's not often that I want to cheer for violence...

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com

JetFueledCar

tiny hedgehog
Registered
Reaction score
Reminds me of that video of a guy abusing a woman in public and a ninja lady (no really) coming up, pulling the woman aside, and kicking the man into submission.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like that he hits the bully just once, then turns his attention to the blind kids and moves him out of harm's way. Nicely handled.

SomethingOrOther

-
Registered
Reaction score
I root for violence all the time. This one was particularly satisfying.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Jesus, personally I'd have liked to see him get a little more.

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
The whole thing is so strange. I just don't quite believe someone would do that, or at least, I don't understand why. No one punches a disabled person for being disabled, that's like poorly-written-cartoon bad. Still, it looks like he was doing just that. :/ It'd be nice to have a better understanding of what one Earth is happening here.

That was a pretty good hit though. Man, that kid put him down with a single blow.

lianna williamson

Registered
Reaction score
No one punches a disabled person for being disabled, that's like poorly-written-cartoon bad.

We don't know he was punching the kid because he's blind. The kid has other qualities besides blindness, and being disabled doesn't mean he's incapable of doing something to piss the other kid off.

That said, attacking someone is uncool, attacking someone at a severe physical disadvantage is even uncool-er, and that kid deserved to have his ass handed to him.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
The video was on reddit first. Here's the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/JusticePor..._jumps_a_blind_kid_at_my_old_high_school_and/

From it, the person who uploaded it claims that a friend's little brother goes to the school and sent it to him. He gave this update (unverified):

In regards to any more information about the incident, Cody was called into the office by the vice principal and was actually commended for sticking up for the blind kid. Apparently the kid that was beating up on the blind kid is now in trouble. That's all I know for now.

Last edited:

SomethingOrOther

-
Registered
Reaction score
We don't know he was punching the kid because he's blind. The kid has other qualities besides blindness, and being disabled doesn't mean he's incapable of doing something to piss the other kid off.

That said, attacking someone is uncool, attacking someone at a severe physical disadvantage is even uncool-er, and that kid deserved to have his ass handed to him.

I dislike the fact that you had to add the disclaimer (the second paragraph) to your post. I mean, anyone who'd read the first paragraph and get the idea that you condoned the bully's behavior has to be an idiot of the highest order, and I really hope we don't have idiots like that around here.

Last edited:

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
The bully went down hard. Maybe just a concussion, hopefully nothing worse. I'd hate to see the good guy end up getting charged with something.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I'm amazed at all this support for vigilante justice. The kid should have just reported this to the appropriate authorities and let them handle it in their own good time. :sarcasm

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
I'm amazed at all this support for vigilante justice. The kid should have just reported this to the appropriate authorities and let them handle it in their own good time. :sarcasm

Yes, if we justify use of force by parties other than the state, they will lose their claim to being the arbiter of justice! Society will crumble! The Horror!

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm amazed at all this support for vigilante justice.
Meh. I don't see it as vigilante justice at all. It's not like someone said to Bob "hey, this dude was hitting Fred," then Bob went looking for the dude and beat the snot out of him.

This was a case of someone coming to the aid of another in danger. That's not vigilantism.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meh. I don't see it as vigilante justice at all. It's not like someone said to Bob "hey, this dude was hitting Fred," then Bob went looking for the dude and beat the snot out of him.

This was a case of someone coming to the aid of another in danger. That's not vigilantism.

Batman agrees with you.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it looks staged. The video isn't from the best perspective, and the bully seemed pretty dazed and had a cut near his eye. And the dialogue is pretty repetitive. ;)

Eric Long

Ominous Latin Word
Registered
Reaction score
Wow... Its not even one thing for this kind of thing to happen, but to a blind person? If that ever made it to court, I hope the judge brings down the hammer, both literally and figuratively...