What Hollywood star would you like to see star in an adaption of your book?

NateSean

Vulcan/Time Lord Hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
I would prefer to have actors over stars. Not that I don't respect the career and talents of people that Hollywood has brought to stardom, but being a star is really only about how many tickets people will buy to see that particular actor on the screen. William Fichtner for example, is not a star, but a really good actor who is hired more for his skills than his fan base.

There is an actor I have in mind, should I take the step of turning my book into a movie, and without me even asking him, he already told me to keep him in mind. That actor is from my neck of the woods. I've met him, respect his talent, and he is one of the men who inspired the main character of my work, so I will gladly give him the lead if the option is ever available to me.

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I have a washed up 1950s RAAF pilot that'd be right up Joel Edgerton's alley.

CathieArms

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to see the girl that was in True Blood that played Jessica. She'd be dang-near perfect.

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
For me, I had a lot more fun casting the adult characters than the kids, just because I don't know any actual kids acting today.

Allison Janney, as the love interest's (adoptive) mother, a Federal Judge.
Lily Tomlin, as Allison Janney's mother.
Lorraine Toussaint, as an English teacher / theatre director who mentors my MC.
Diana Agron as the love interest's cousin, a Secret Service agent
and Paul "Triple H" Levesque as my MC's father, a Southern Baptist preacher.

Last edited:

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to see the girl that was in True Blood that played Jessica. She'd be dang-near perfect.

Oh, dude. That is your actual cover! I thought you'd mocked it up with a picture of Deborah Ann Woll. You're right. She would be perfect.

jlmott

Hello, I must be going
Registered
Reaction score
I usually never compare my characters to actors who might play them, probably because I am still working on getting the damn things published. One exception, though, was a female MC in an MG adventure I wrote a while back, who I imagine could only be played by Amanda Plummer, circa 1981. So apparently I first need to get published, and then figure out time travel. I am not quite sure which one will end up giving me the most trouble.

Vertle

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't even finished my first book yet but I admit that when I picture one of my main characters, she looks an awful lot like Sigourney Weaver. She just has the intense, focused facial expressions that Alara has and I'm certain that she can pull off red hair.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Where can I find a list of young-ish Middle Eastern male stars? Because the dude from Lost is a tad old for the task.

Americans? Think Italian or Latino, many more to choose from.

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
I have trouble with this. Not only do I think most actors are too pretty to properly represent my characters, but there's a clear lack of minorities to choose from. Why would I want those from an over-privileged class playing my dear ones? Not to mention I have very little faith in Hollywood when it comes to making movies that properly represent their books.

That being said, if a book of mine ever was optioned, I'd ask to be part of every step of the process. I'd probably even cut the whole deal if I ever thought things were headed in the wrong direction.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Last edited:

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha, I've got those crazy lashes you're talking about, but they come not from my Lebanese side but from my Italian side. The funny thing is, there is a strong arab strain in Southern Italy, where most Italian Americans come from.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
hahahaha, I've got those crazy lashes you're talking about, but they come not from my Lebanese side but from my Italian side. The funny thing is, there is a strong arab strain in Southern Italy, where most Italian Americans come from.
Interesting. Is this why I imagine Italians as darker than other Europeans?

Actually, the guy whose appearance I've originally modelled the albeit Arab MC on, was also Arab, but his last name and face are what I would usually think Pakistani. I mean, I've moved away from a 100% copy of that real life guy in the meantime, but it's interesting how someone looks a completely different nationality. People often mistake me for Russian when I'm half Iraqi from a dark-skinned line, and half German, and look like neither. My nose and chin are too large for typical Russian faces though.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I once read about the ethnicity of Italians, but it's been a long time and I don't remember much more than how heterogeneous the boot is. Greek, Arab, German, French, a lot of invasions and apparently a lot of invasions, hahaha. Up north you get a lot of blue eyes and light skin and hair. I'd always thought that our Italian roots were from Potenza and Napoli, until I met a guy from Milan and he told me that the ending, "acci" is strictly of Roman derivation. I don't know this stuff is interesting to me. I'd love to have one of those genetic dna tests done. I have a feeling that it would surprise most all of us to see what our bloodlines actually are.

Yeah, I mean, it would be interesting to play a game of "guess the ethnicity" or at least the believed ethnicity of us all. You see people and you think you know where they come from, but so often you are just going to be wrong. I've seen a photo of you, and of course you are a stone killer. I notice that a lot of people of mixed ethnicity are really beautiful. I think Americans get better looking every generation, and maybe this is why.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I once read about the ethnicity of Italians, but it's been a long time and I don't remember much more than how heterogeneous the boot is. Greek, Arab, German, French, a lot of invasions and apparently a lot of invasions, hahaha. Up north you get a lot of blue eyes and light skin and hair. I'd always thought that our Italian roots were from Potenza and Napoli, until I met a guy from Milan and he told me that the ending, "acci" is strictly of Roman derivation. I don't know this stuff is interesting to me. I'd love to have one of those genetic dna tests done. I have a feeling that it would surprise most all of us to see what our bloodlines actually are.

Yeah, I mean, it would be interesting to play a game of "guess the ethnicity" or at least the believed ethnicity of us all. You see people and you think you know where they come from, but so often you are just going to be wrong. I've seen a photo of you, and of course you are a stone killer. I notice that a lot of people of mixed ethnicity are really beautiful. I think Americans get better looking every generation, and maybe this is why.
Why tank you :thankyou:

Holy dreamboat alert. :e2thud:

I've always had an issue deciding who I'd want for my multi-colour haired MC's and could never really see them in any stars.. But I know for the scientists who act as surrogate parents, I'd want Eric McCormick and Rob Lowe as the two leading scientists.
Well, for some reason black women with flashy-colored hair from purple to red to green, look less outrageous than when white people do it. Something worth considering? Unless you want outrageous. Here in Israel, you find middle-aged to old ladies sporting purple or orange or red :D

Lalaloopsy

Registered
Reaction score
Drew Van Acker and Mila Kunis. Beauty overload!!

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Book's outta print but:

Patrick Stewart as the voice of griffin/fantasy ghost author Errington Felzworth "Griff" Griffin
John Goodman as the voice of his cable-splicing vintage Chevy Suburban-driving grizzly bear roommate Bear
Tim Allen as the voice of mural-painting dragon Dorian di Drago.