PDA

View Full Version : Working with Publisher's Marketing Department? Any TIPS?

keston925
09-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Hey there,

I thought I would start this thread... I am a first time author, my manuscript has been picked up by a fabulous Publisher/Editor, they are a medium to small house. The Memoir has a publication date in the Spring of 2016 and I want to do everything I can to make it a global success and have long since started marketing on my own by creating a buzz.

How do I work with the Publishers marketing team to promote the book? What can I expect? Any stories or advice?

oceansoul
09-17-2015, 05:23 PM
I think that all Publishers have a very different working style. It's probably best to direct this question to the publisher themselves. If you don't have a contact in marketing, possibly ask your editor?

Cathy C
10-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Yes, but if you don't know what to ask, it won't help much. So here's some things you can ask:

1. If I pay to put an ad or banner somewhere, can you guys design it? (This saves you a TON of time and money.)

2. Are you partners in any publisher or bookstore co-ops that we can utilize for marketing? Can you send me a list of the promos available? Maybe I can help with the cost.

3. Do any of the bookstores you distribute to allow footprint advertising, like shelf talkers? I can probably order some.

These are a few good starts. Marketing can cost money for you or the publisher. While there's no requirement you participate in marketing, it's worked well for me. :)

keston925
10-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Thank you so much!

Super_Duper
10-08-2015, 12:43 AM
communicate with them on all your appearances, etc., and send them every review or mention of your book.