Easter plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosierCowgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Do you-all have special for Easter?

We talked about Passover last night but launched the kids without any mention of Good Friday today. Might go to church tonight if it rains. (DH wants to continue field work if weather permits)

Then road-trip to my parents' house. We will go to their "big city" church for Easter. The kids think it's pretty amazing because the building is stone, with stained-glass windows and a pipe organ. We will probably go out for pizza afterwards.

At my SIL's church in Russia they greet each other at Easter time saying "He is risen." Response is, "He is risen, indeed!"

ysic
ann

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Yes, the five of us are going to church in the morning (starts at 10am). Then, from there, we're going to my mother's house for lunch. She has a book for the three kids to share about the "real story" of Easter . . . no bunnies and all that. From there, we're heading to my SO's mother's house for dinner. It'll be a full day, but we really love embracing family as much as we can on holidays like this.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Went to a Good Friday service in a park, and will go to our church's sunrise service tomorrow. Am more focused than usual this year, and am really enjoying this celebration.

Attached is an 'Easter card' for y'all--it's our east window in our library :) !

Attachments

• IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Chacounne

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from Easter vigil at church, a lovely candlelight service :) Now for food and sleep, because I have to back for morning service at 9:30 tomorrow morning.

God bless,
Heather

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
Nice window, Pat!

This is the first I ever recall missing church on Easter Sunday--we were out of town and did came home Sunday morning.

Hope everyone has a great week.

ldumont999

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.louisedumont.com
Never too late for Easter

Hi everyone. This year Easter was a bit hectic. My son and his long-time girlfriend were singing at Carnegie Hall on Easter evening. That meant taking them into the city (New York City - is there any other city? :D ) on Good Friday for rehearsal, rushing home for Good Friday evening service (my husband was singing a in a duet for special music), back to the city for rehearsals all day Saturday, up early for Sunday morning service (my son, my husband and my son's girlfriend were a part of quartet for the Easter morning service), back to the city for an other rehearsal, met them for lunch at the Carnegie Deli, back for one last rehearsal and THEN the concert Easter Sunday evening... Whew. What we do for our kids.
:thankyou: BTW, it was a GREAT concert. They sang The Requiem.

In case no one noticed - no where in this message do you see that anyone asked ME to sing :e2paperba - and for good reason. When God was handing out gifts, I think I got in the talking/writing line twice and skipped the music line.

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
ldumont999 said:
:thankyou:

In case no one noticed - no where in this message do you see that anyone asked ME to sing :e2paperba - and for good reason. When God was handing out gifts, I think I got in the talking/writing line twice and skipped the music line.

I resemble that remark. :tongue

HoosierCowgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Music

So does DD -- she got a big shot of athletic ability (where did THAT come from!) but can hardly tell one tune from another. She wishes she were musical.

Now let me digest this ... Carnegie Hall? Wow!

ysic
ann

Status
Not open for further replies.