Muse... do you have one?

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
here it is for the non blog clicky peeps:
MUSE

Sometimes you meet a person who inspires you; there may be no significant reason other than they strike a spark in you. It is unexplainable.

They make you want to be better at your craft, they stir a desire in you that will push you to create, this desire pushes you with the need to exceed in your art.

The artists curse is one of passion, of drive, of desire to express them self and to share that passion…

A muse did nothing to deserve their position but it is theirs all the same.

A muse need not even know they are a muse, they just need to exist

I am a painter, a writer, a lover and player of music, passionate about everything I do and subject to my vices.

I sometimes misdirect my passion, my mind never stops running and I need to escape.

I place my focus in many directions and I am always creating, I cannot stop to sit and think I cannot stop and dwell…I must keep moving or dull my mind to numb the pain that is never enough, never good enough, I am never good enough.

My soul is tortured, my work will never be good enough but I will try to get it right, until it kills me

My muse may never know why or understand how he became my muse, it is unexplainable.

He will never know the long hours that he stirs inside of my mind and soul driving me to create, driving me to express my passions in any way that I can.

He will never know why I wake in the middle of the night and see his face and his spark, his energy flows through me and puts the drive in me, I crave the creation within because he exists and that is the only way to explain it.

It is love but not the love a typical person experiences, it is love of creation, the love of passion, the love of the fires within that are stoked by the mere thought of my muse.

I can never express my passions in any other way then through my art with my muse, and so I must create, I must destroy, I must I MUST CREATE!

I feel things hard, I feel them deep…I can feel this desire in my bones and deeper…

I can feel the punctures of desire in the recesses of my very soul, that soul which is invisible and unknown to many…

I know my soul; I can feel it every time every time my muse enters my mind sending my desires up in flames…

I can taste it, I can feel it, I can hear it… I dip into my soul when I am near my muse and it sets my entire being into frenzy…my brain is on fire and creating is the calming water

My muse is not set in stone and changes periodically; it must change as I am ever changing.
I crave change, new adventures and experiences, it fuels my creative energies.

Always learning something new, doing something new… it must be the way…I must keep stoking the fires lest they die

For now you are my muse and I can only thank you by being the best I can be at my craft

Just being inspired by your existence is hard for some people to understand, but not the artists… we all know but we do not know the how or the why

Every time we make a connection with someone it serves some purpose, maybe many … but for me right now, in this moment your purpose is driving me to create, it has placed such a desire in me that I cannot rest, not until I have created what was meant to be created…

You will never know you are my muse but you are
Thank you.

Last edited:

dreamteadee21

Registered
Reaction score
I have one. They also don't it, but they inspire me. Muses are great and I think some of the best work comes from muses. They inspire my poetry and the subjects of my poems. ?

But what happens if you lose your muse? Or your muse loses it spark? Is it possible to find another quickly?

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
for me when that muse loses its spark I can go for awhile without one, years even.
Then again another muse sometimes comes along and knocks your current one out of position, both have been the case for me.

I find my work more enjoyable and more passionate when I have a muse, without one I always feel like I am reaching...like it isn't enough

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I have a muse, but not, I think, in the same way you do. My muse is me. That little voice in my head that tells me "go write" and says "what if-" and "ooh, that'd be a cool story/character/twist/prompt", that's her. I had external muses and lost touch with them. No more inspiration, drive, anything for years. Just gone. But within a week of wondering "Can that version of me I saw as a writer be a muse", I had my first new story idea. And now I have a muse I can't ever lose. Been working pretty well for the last five years.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I have a muse, but I know people and I feel their trials and fears and joys. They have stories that I cannot know beyond that which is shown through their eyes, but it is this that I feel I must write. They are my inspiration.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I have, like, that mythical internal muse that gives me creative ideas... but I also sometimes stumble onto story-specific muses. Like I was driving by a parking lot one day and saw a red-haired guy on a motorcycle getting bitched out by a cop, and a story about it (that's now, like, 5 books worth of plot and a host of really deeply imagined characters) sprang out of that one chance image.

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
gahhh you guys! My muse may very well be coming over with some friends later tonight!!! I have done 8 paintings in 2 days with him as my inspiration, I am nervous to show him my work ... oh man I hope he stops by, I need my muse fix its been a week since I've seen him :)

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
I'm not even sure what the hell a muse is, which means I probably don't have one. If I did have one, he and/or she could at least pay half the rent and fetch groceries and plot out alternate routes along surface streets when I'm driving to woik.

Someday I'll have a nurse, which, if you remove the 'r' and change the 'n' to an 'm', we're back to this muse deal. If you see this nurse cum muse, tell her and/or him about the screaming. You know, when I spot the hypo the muse has behind his and/or her back.

What's that line from Monty Python's Holy Grail? "A muse once bit my sister."

SJSantiago

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sjsantiago.wordpress.com
holy crap lol reading that was a bit manic haaa

so he came over and I think though I thought I could handle being around him it only made my heart ache even more that I can never be with him...I showed him my art but he doesn't know he inspired them, he probably never will.

It is not healthy and I need to stay away from him, I can already feel the hold of the muse beginning to stray... le sigh