Status
Not open for further replies.

Writing Skills

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
www.everythingwrittencommunication.com
My goal is to complete a website that focuses on creating Website Proposals, Website Content, Print Journalism, and Resumes and Cover Letters. The objective is to build a website from the ground up.

To achieve this goal, I've taken college classes that teach the student how to write code. I've focused on HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Additionally, I have a BA in Journalism. In my spare time, I have done freelance work for a local newspaper. This has been a long and slow process. :cry:

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
Programming can be difficult, but it's worth it when a project is successfully completed. You said programming is your day job. Do you have a night job? What would you list as your goals and accomplishments?

day job in this context means my non-writing work. I don't tend to list my G&A.

BarII

Banned
Reaction score
My goal is to complete a website that focuses on creating Website Proposals, Website Content, Print Journalism, and Resumes and Cover Letters. The objective is to build a website from the ground up.

To achieve this goal, I've taken college classes that teach the student how to write code. I've focused on HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Additionally, I have a BA in Journalism. In my spare time, I have done freelance work for a local newspaper. This has been a long and slow process. :cry:

I've done web development and programming. I suggest not getting too into it, meaning no JavaScript or PHP except some cut and paste stuff that you don't need to fully understand. And don't try starting a forum. They tend to not work out. Even Writer's Digest's forum is a failure. Creating "website content" isn't all about good writing. Teaching it would require including stuff about search engine optimization and stuffing the text with keywords. That would be a third discipline you'd need to learn. Cover letters is a specialty too. I think it's all too ambitious. There are many typical writer things that are hard enough. Your idea is extra time consuming and risky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.