PDA

View Full Version : Vibe Request

Birol
04-13-2006, 05:29 PM
I received the following e-mail from Ritinrider (Nita) this morning. For those who have never had the pleasure of meeting Nita, she's a true AWer who has been absent the last few months due to internet problems. She asked me to post this for her.

Lori, Would you please post a request at AW for me? Even though I don't have internet access, and haven't posted in a long time, I've been checking in when I have a few min. online.

They are the most caring supportive people I know, and right now I need their support. Good thoughts, prayer, whatever they believe in I will take it. Put my husband in the hospital last night (got home around 1:30am). Hopefully, today they will do the MRI to see what the problem is. All we know right now is there is a spot on his brain, according to the CAT scan.

Tell them I'd really appreciate all the good thoughts, vibes, and prayers they can send my way.

Thanks, all.

jenngreenleaf
04-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Consider it done.

poetinahat
04-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Of course. Lots.

Stew21
04-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Healthy vibes to her husband, strength vibes to her and steady hand and skillful diagnosis vibes to his doctor...all headed their way.

DamaNegra
04-13-2006, 06:36 PM
All my heart goes out to Rita, hope everything goes okay with her husband.

NeuroFizz
04-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Vibes as best I can muster hope it turns out well.

Sury
04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Best wishes to your husband and you, Nita. You will be in our thoughts :).

Sury

maestrowork
04-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Good thoughts coming your way, Rita...

Melina
04-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Nita--

prayers for you and your husband...

Shadow_Ferret
04-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Passing on good vibes.

A. Hamilton
04-13-2006, 09:37 PM
done. more to follow. hang in there Nita.

Yeshanu
04-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Please tell Nita we miss her, and we're praying for her.

Maryn
04-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Strong vibes heading her way. Like Trish said, some for the ailing husband, some for her, and some for the doctor. I'll toss in some for their insurance, too, just in case.

Maryn, willing to turn on every vibrator in the house (<--a joke in time of crisis is a good thing!)

awatkins
04-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Sending good thoughts, vibes and prayers their way. Thanks for the heads-up, Lori. I remember Nita; she's great.

triceretops
04-14-2006, 03:45 AM
Passing out those vibes, dear. Hope it works out for the best.

Tri

writerterri
04-14-2006, 03:51 AM
sent up a prayer

clintl
04-14-2006, 04:53 AM
Best wishes, Nita. You and your husband are in my thoughts.

samgail
04-14-2006, 07:01 AM
positive energy coming your way
peace,
Sam

Jean Marie
04-14-2006, 07:06 AM
Don't know you, Nita. Doesn't matter, you asked, you got it--prayers coming your way for you, your husband and his doctors.

JenNipps
04-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey, guys...

I just got off the phone with Nita. (She lives pretty close to me & she's actually how I found AW in the first place.)

She said, "Tell them thanks for the vibes/thoughts. I haven't been able to be there to read them, but I know they're there and that means a lot."

Birol
04-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the update, Jen!

JennaGlatzer
04-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Thinking of you, Nita, and sending prayers for you and your husband. Hope you get to come back here soon with good news!

Unique
04-14-2006, 09:18 PM
It's an honor to be asked.

Thanks, Jen.
Tell Nita ((big hugs)) and lots of love and prayers coming her way.

arrowqueen
04-15-2006, 02:51 AM
Hope all turns out well.

jdkiggins
04-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Nita,
You were always there for me. My thoughts are with you, your husband and family. :Hug2:

Ol' Fashioned Girl
04-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Ditto all of the above... never 'met' Nita, but all the right candles will be lit in her, her husband's and her doctor's honor.

ChunkyC
04-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Vibes coming from this corner as well, Nita. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/EmoteHug2.gif

ritinrider
04-19-2006, 02:34 AM
Thank you all so much for the support. You are a great group and I knew I could count on you. I had a min. online Sunday before I went up to see him (he's in a hospital 2 hours away) and read all the comments. They had me tearing up, but in a good way. And whoever turned on all the vibrators in the house, good idea, it made me giggle.

Update, well, there really isn't one. We still don't know what the problem is, well, they kinda do but not exactly. Had one more test today, of course, won't know results until tomorrow. I swear, doctors must've been trained by the military it's a whole lot of hurry up and wait.

The good news, it wasn't a heart attack (which was seriously considered), in fact they are somewhat surprised that his heart is in really good shape. Also, it isn't, wasn't, a stroke. I'll let ya'll know when we do.

In the meantime thanks for the support. It really helps.
Nita

janetbellinger
04-19-2006, 02:41 AM
I'm praying for you both, too.

jenngreenleaf
04-19-2006, 02:53 AM
The good news, it wasn't a heart attack (which was seriously considered), in fact they are somewhat surprised that his heart is in really good shape. Also, it isn't, wasn't, a stroke. I'll let ya'll know when we do. Thank you for sharing this bit of good news! My thoughts and prayers are still with the both of you.

Chacounne
04-19-2006, 02:59 AM
Nita,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hospital vigils are very wearying, so make sure you take time to recharge your batteries too. And remember, they are the experts in medicine; you are in the expert in your husband's body.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Nita and husband)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hugs,
Heather

Birol
04-28-2006, 04:30 AM
Hi, yeah I know it says "update". But there really isn't anything to update. He's been moved to a different hospital, to an in-between unit. It's sort of between a hospital and home, although I'm thinking closer to the hospital side than the home side.
The ran yet another test today before moving him. But, it's Friday, so chances are we won't get those results until Mon. Also, on the down side, his doctor was sick today, so he didn't see David. Hopefully Monday afternoon we'll have more news.

Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming. They make me feel better, and surely are helping David too.

Nita

(I thought this had been posted this already.)

Maryn
04-28-2006, 05:27 AM
One little thing that's always nice to do for yourself when hospital time just drags and drags is to take a little outing to meet the newest humans. The nurses watching over the newborns don't care who you are, and any of the babies' relatives will assume that you are, too.

I found it comforting when times were bad to see a reminder that miracles were already happening right in the same building.

Okay, enough schmaltzy stuff. I'm glad you liked my little vibrator joke. I remember caring friends were afraid to joke at times like this, when a little laugh was what I needed.

Purportedly true story:
A man comes into the ER and yells, "My wife's going to have her baby in the cab!" I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted the lady's dress, and began to take off her underwear. Suddenly I noticed that there were several cabs, and I was in the wrong one.

--Dr. Mark MacDonald, San Antonio, TX

Maryn, chuckling even if it's a fib

Birol
04-29-2006, 02:57 AM
Speaking of newest humans, I just received this update from Nita:

Okay, this time I really do have something to say. David came home from the hospital Monday afternoon, in the middle of a Tulsa downpour. I didn't care. It could've been a blizzard and I'd have driven through it to bring him home.
The verdict is in, sort of. They agree he has cancer, but no one seems to know what kind or where it started. But they are treating the tumors in his head, since they are causing symptoms. And while I'm sure the treatment hasn't really had time to make much progress, he feels so much better. He can't drive, so I'm his gopher, and there are a few other things he can't do, but he can help me do it, or supervise so I can do it right. We have three weeks of radiation, then they'll re-assess and see where to go. We're pretty sure chemo will be down the line somewhere.

One thing, he's tired of people telling him to not give up. He says they must not know him very well if they think he's going to quit, especially now when we have 2 grandbabies on the way. He has every intention of spoiling those kids rotten. Not to mention how much he has to teach the two older ones.

One thing about him, he is a competitor, has been as long as I've known him. He doesn't lose, at least not willingly.

So that's where we are for now. Taking treatment, hanging in there, going to make it.

Thanks,
Nita

Ol' Fashioned Girl
04-29-2006, 05:24 AM
Tulsa! I didn't know they were so close!

Please tell them I've renewed the 'vibes' from OKC - and now that I know where to send them, they'll be that much stronger! ;)

Serenity
04-29-2006, 05:26 AM
Adding my positive thoughts as well, even though we never met.

dlcharles
04-29-2006, 05:39 AM
Nita: Winging healing thoughts your way.

I won't tell him not to give up - but I will say to him, "Never give in!"

Birol
09-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Lori, I still don't have internet access at my house, it's coming soon (it has too!). In the meantime I want to thank everyone at the cooler for their prayers and good thoughts. Please let them know my husband passed away yesterday morning.

I'm going to send her a card. If anyone would like to include condolences, post them here and I will include them.

aadams73
09-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Nita, sending best wishes and good vibes your way.

K1P1
09-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Nita, although I don't know you, I've read through this thread and will carry your grief with me. Perhaps if we all do, it will help to lessen your own burden. My deepest condolences.

Unique
09-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Lori -

Please tell Nita we miss her. Give her a big cyber hug from me.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Birol, please give Nita my condolences, too... and tell her to hurry 'home'.

Jen

deacon
09-08-2006, 07:08 AM
nita,
i, too, am from oklahoma and although we've never met, i'm sorry to hear about your husband's passing. my deepest condolences.
deacon

JennaGlatzer
09-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Nita, Thinking of you and wishing you comfort. Hugs, Jenna Glatzer