tattoos!~

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
who has em? what are they? are you going to get one/more?

my plan is simple, for after dad's dead(he'd kick me out if I got one while he's alive)
a dove on my right ankle.
a green vine going up my left arm
a special symbol I made up on my left shoulder
and white feathered wings on my back with a silver cross in the middle of them

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not tempted to get one, yet, but they are really growing on me.

I'm touched by having a departed loved one's signature on the wrist, and I'm starting to find sleeves very sexy.

anastasiareeves

That weird chick everyone ignores.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiareeves.com
There's an older thread with some good posts here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?268445-Any-tattoos

I now have 20 tattoos, I got at least one more since posting in that thread and I think I miscounted there.

Dream & Believe on my right and left wrists underside, Chinese symbols on each forearm underside -- strength and serenity, a cloudy moon and stars (right forearm underside), 3 Chibi characters -- Harley Quinn (right forearm), Deadpool (left forearm) and the Grim Reaper (left calf outer). The Bat symbol (left wrist). The LA Kings crown with my favorite player's numbers (left forearm underside). My name and someone else's name in Elvish (from LOTR) just under the elbow bend on each forearm underside. A Harry Potter spell (left ankle). A butterfly with Courage in Chinese and a Scorpio symbol on each wing (left calf inside). A Tolkien quote in Gallifreyan (Doctor Who) (left calf outside). Symbols for Chaos, Deception, Dream & Magic around Harley. A flower with a cutesy skull & vines around my left bicep. A rune for friendship & another Tolkien quote on my left collarbone and another saying on my right collarbone.

20 sounds like a lot. It isn't enough. I have several others planned. Once you start it's hard to stop.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I have two:
Ernest Hemingway's autograph on my left foot (just above my flip-flop line)
the number 1780 on my right foot (just above my flip-flop line)

I have another in mind but I am not sure when/if I'll get it. We'll see.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have two:
Ernest Hemingway's autograph on my left foot (just above my flip-flop line)
the number 1780 on my right foot (just above my flip-flop line)

I have another in mind but I am not sure when/if I'll get it. We'll see.

For us uninitiated, what is the significance of 1780? And you inspired me to consider something Vonnegut, such as this or this.

I've always liked geometric tribal patterns. But appropriation is such a dirty word nowadays I'd be worried it might come off the wrong way.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I've got two! One is a Celtic horse on my back - it's in a triangle knot design and its bright blue. The other is a lace dragon!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
For us uninitiated, what is the significance of 1780? And you inspired me to consider something Vonnegut, such as this or this.

I've always liked geometric tribal patterns. But appropriation is such a dirty word nowadays I'd be worried it might come off the wrong way.

stew21 was born in 1780,
i assume.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't. But Jameson whiskey was.

(I went to visit Foinah and returned home with an angry liver and a new tattoo.)

- - - Updated - - -

She has the same one.

RKarina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
rochellekarina.com
One, but it goes from the top of my right shoulder, down my right side and ends low on my right hip.

It looks like a henna tattoo - shades of brown and copper accented with a muted red, not line work, it's all color. Scrolled vines with simple flowers.

Thinking of more but haven't decided what yet...

ouch2.jpg

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I have a compass rose (like in maps) on my inner ankle :D

I got it after I graduated from Oxford, because that was a really big thing for me that I was so excited about :) I was in Dublin, about to go on a road trip with an Irish classmate, and I just walked in right before closing to the first place I saw and had it done! So fun!!!

It turns out I chose the place where Green Day gets/got theirs, so thankfully I didn't randomly pick some bad artist, lol.

The first week or so after having it done, every time I woke up I thought I had a huge spider sitting on my ankle and screamed :ROFL: I'm over that now, of course ;)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great pic, RKarina!

I have a rose with my husband's name near downtown. Also permanent makeup, if we're counting that (eyebrows, eyeliner, and lipstick).

Last edited:

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I've decided that having the vine on the same arm as the special symbol's a bad idea, since i want the vine to go from palm to shoulder. I'm going to have the vine on my RIGHT arm instead.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I have at least three. One dot on each side and one dot mid-sternum which the radiology tech people used to properly align me for radiation therapy. It's possible I then had one more jabbed onto my right arm five years later and finished last Saturday, to celebrate five years of being Cancer free.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have at least three. One dot on each side and one dot mid-sternum which the radiology tech people used to properly align me for radiation therapy. It's possible I then had one more jabbed onto my right arm five years later and finished last Saturday, to celebrate five years of being Cancer free.

Woo hoo! :partyguy: