PDA

View Full Version : Families/parents of victims of paedophiles

adamcroft
08-26-2015, 03:48 PM
Hi all,

I realise this is a very tricky and sensitive subject, but my next book focuses on a convicted/suspected paedophile being murdered. One of the first places the detectives go is to speak to the family of one of his victims, suspecting some sort of vigilante justice mission. This is a subject I'd like to tackle honestly and delicately, and wondered if anyone could put me in touch (privately, via PM, if you prefer of course) with someone who has first hand experience of a family member being groomed or sexually abused by a paedophile. I'd like to try and tap into what goes through the minds of the parents or family members in terms of their feelings towards the abuser and the child. I'm sure a lot of it is fairly obvious, but it's not something I can comprehend as a non-parent.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Fictionalizer
09-03-2015, 03:58 AM
Wow!

I'm writing about my personal experience with this in my current novel. Though I've changed the gender of the main character. My father was/is a pedophile and a serial killer. I saw him groom children and he groomed me. I distinctly remember my mother's attitude toward me and my father.

Also my stepson is a survivor of abuse and so I have that experience as a step parent.

You can PM me or ask me right here. No problem either way.

cmhbob
09-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Bobbi Parish might have some resources for you. See http://www.thetraumarecoverycoach.com/