Humorous stories?

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Basically, I'm writing something funny, which is an incredibly difficult sale in the SFF mag world. I know Mothership Zeta is a thing, but does anyone know of anywhere else that tends to take them?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
F & SF has quite often published humorous shorts.

One this side of the Atlantic and copies-only, but if your story is under 3500 words and fits the theme of "black" in some way, Wordland 6 is open to submissions until the end of this month. (I've got a humorous short-short on sub there and was in issues 3,4 and 5.)

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
You can search on SG for markets that say they want humorous stuff, though that search won't work if their listing says something like all styles. Fireside will open for subs in September, and they like some funny. Allegory says they like quirky (if your story falls in that realm). And I want to recall that I've seen some humorous stuff in Strange Horizons and Evil Girlfriend Media.

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
SFWA author Alex Shvartsman publishes an annual SF humor anthology Unidentified Funny Objects. Looks like Volume 4 closed for subs in April, so you'd need to wait until next year for Vol 5. Pro pay 7c/word, looks top notch.

http://www.ufopub.com/submissions/

Good luck with the story!

Peter DiChellis