What are our hot topics these days?

Ashleen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.AshleenOGaea.com
Greetings!

The second edition of my first book -- Family Wicca -- will be available at the end of next month (May '06) and one of the subjects I've added to its chapters is adoption. This was inspired by a friend of mine who's working on a book about birthparenting as it relates to Paganism.

Another topic that seems to wax and wane in the community is ... are all religions really the same underneath? Some argue vehemently that they are, others that no, there are fundamental and irresolvable differences. Mind you, that doesn't mean that the diffrences aren't liveable with ....

Then there's the subject of working skyclad -- a Wiccan term derived from "clad in the sky," which is to say, without clothes. How does your path/Tradition feel about that? How do you feel about it? Dare we write about it? I'm working on an essay for a contest submission ....

I'm curious to know what y'all, as Pagans, are writing about, or interested in reading about. ???

Blessings,
Ashleen O'Gaea

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
You know, I just found a used copy of Family Wicca at Half Price Books -- I'd never read it before, but as a mom raising three kids on a pagan path, it looked appealing. I really enjoyed it -- particularly the examples you've used with your own child. I even got my husband to read some of it, and he's a notorious non-reader :)

As to religions being the same underneath: I think that on the whole, we all have many of the same goals. We all want to live our lives as good people, we want to raise children who have integrity and respect, and things like truth and love are important to all of us, no matter what our faith is. On the other hand, I think some religions are just incompatible with others. Regardless, as long as we respect that everyone has different spiritual needs to be met, it shouldn't matter.

Working skyclad -- hm. I live in the suburbs, and I'm sure the neighbors would be appalled -- or at the very least rendered blind -- by the sight of me frolicking nekkid in the back yard. Then again, I have a fence, and there are trees in my yard, so no one can really see much... I *like* to practice skyclad, but in my coven we wear traditional ritual robes. It doesn't bother me either way, but I think some people are still worried that they're going to be judged on the appearance of their bodies. I've had three kids, and my body looks like that of a woman with three kids -- nothing more, nothing less. Scars and all, it's mine, and I don't particularly give a hoot who sees it.

I'm currently working on outlining a book of holiday recipes and crafts for pagan families -- think Martha Stewart gone Wiccan. I hope to have it complete by the end of the year and start shopping it around.

:::keeping fingers and toesies crossed:::

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Ashleen said:
Then there's the subject of working skyclad -- a Wiccan term derived from "clad in the sky," which is to say, without clothes. How does your path/Tradition feel about that? How do you feel about it? Dare we write about it? I'm working on an essay for a contest submission ....
I'm curious to know what y'all, as Pagans, are writing about, or interested in reading about. ???

I don't do skyclad. Too many biting bugs in this part of the country, plus I do some of my best rituals in the kitchen.

What I'm writing about... a novel with a fam/trad protagonist. One family member has become conservative Christian; it was interesting (and sometimes difficult) consciously writing him as a sympathetic character.