PDA

View Full Version : Updating Excerpts/Previews & Links

MiloMinderbinder
08-14-2015, 10:16 PM
For those that post a preview/excerpt of another work at the end of a self-published ebook, do you ever go back and change the excerpt for a newer or forthcoming title?

Additionally do you actually hyper-link to your other titles from with the ebook?

My concern is that of my very small number of sales, over 40% have come from outside the US. If any non-US readers clicked on the link they'd end up on the US amazon.com page for my book. Should I just assume they'd figure there way to the proper site?

dpaterso
08-14-2015, 10:35 PM
For those that post a preview/excerpt of another work at the end of a self-published ebook, do you ever go back and change the excerpt for a newer or forthcoming title?

Additionally do you actually hyper-link to your other titles from with the ebook?

My concern is that of my very small number of sales, over 40% have come from outside the US. If any non-US readers clicked on the link they'd end up on the US amazon.com page for my book. Should I just assume they'd figure there way to the proper site?
Yes, yes, and Amazon offers non-US visitors links to Amazon in their own country, e.g. when I look at a book on Amazon.com there's an invitation off to the right to jump to Amazon.co.uk instead because it knows that's where I am.

-Derek