Agents repping erotica/gay/bi/ethnic genres

cowboy

Registered
Reaction score
Agents repping erotica romance

Hello everyone! After much research, I'm still having some difficulty finding agents (and houses) seeking erotica romance with gay and bi Black and Latino main characters. My manuscript is completed. I'd appreciate any and all assistance. Much thanks!

Last edited:

James Buchanan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
eroticjames.tripod.com
If you don't mind e-pub Torquere Press does gay of all flavors (my next Novella with them is Native American). Most of the on-line lines, Loose Id, Phaze (actually Phaze has a call out now for short stories involving Latino main characters - Deadline in June), Shamain, etc. are going after the m/m market. Most want some romance elements but not all. Check out the Erotic Romance Writer's Association call for subs.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If it has erotic content you can see a good selection of publishers at ERWA (link in the sticky thread). Some are print, some e-. As for agents, my feeling is it's not an area where the use of agents is common but I could be wrong.

cowboy

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to James and Veinglory/Another Question.

Thanks to both of you for the useful info!

Veinglory, I have a follow up Q: I went to the ERWA site, but couldn't find the sticky thread on publishers you suggested. Exactly where is it? Much appreciated.

Cowboy.

cowboy

Registered
Reaction score
Is this a writer's dream?

First, thanks for the advice, everyone.

Does anyone know about the reputation of STARbooks Press and Haworth, (they deal with a lot of gay erotica/romance, which my novel's about) and "the skinny" on how they handle and deal with their authors?

On Wednesday, I queried the senior editorial director at STAR. He immediately emailed me back requesting synopsis and chapter one, which I immediately sent over. He said that he would review it this weekend, and if he liked it all, he'd forward it to the publisher.

Well, to my "orgasmic delight" (smile), he requested the ENTIRE manuscript yesterday (thursday)! I sent it over.

So guys, what do you think about all this? I'd like your feedback, please. Thanks.

Cowboy.