Arrow-Constantine cross-over!

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Seriously!!! As per TV Guide:

An Arrow and Constantine crossover: When NBC axed Constantine earlier this year, Arrow star Stephen Amell proposed the idea of a potential crossover between the two shows in an effort to save it. Now that idea has come to fruition, because Matt Ryan, who starred as DC Comics character John Constantine in the short-lived drama, will reprise his role on Arrow's fifth episode, titled "Haunted." Pedowitz gave credit to Warner Bros. for making the crossover happen. "Luckily, one of our parent companies, Warner Bros., was a production company for Constantine," he said. "We worked with them and it's a great one-shot episode."

Arrow executive producer Mark Guggenheim released a statement following the announcement. "We are thrilled to have Matt Ryan reprise the role of John Constantine on an upcoming episode of Arrow," he said. "Matt is an incredibly talented actor and his portrayal of this beloved character was always something we admired. The introduction of magic and mysticism on the show this season has provided a truly organic opportunity for us to bring John Constantine to Arrow and the CW's DC universe. It will be a well-deserved tip of the hat to all the Constantine fans who were so incredibly supportive of that series."

I admit it. I'm fan-girling. I think John Constantine in the Flarrowverse would work brilliantly. OK, yes, this is one episode. But good things begin with just one episode.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome, maybe we can get Constantine and Swamp Thing (and maybe Dr. Fate) on Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow while they're at it. Also, it could be a good opportunity to get a resurrection of Solomon Grundy in Arrow.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Is it wrong I want a meet-up of Constantine & Castiel?
Nope. Not wrong at all. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, maybe we can get Constantine and Swamp Thing (and maybe Dr. Fate) on Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow while they're at it. Also, it could be a good opportunity to get a resurrection of Solomon Grundy in Arrow.
THAT would be filled with the awesome!

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Don't believe so. Here's the story, according to Den of Geek.

If they keep with the games, bringing it back then killing it, then bringing it back, then killing it--then they really will kill it.

I really liked Constantine. I'm so tired of shows I like being cancelled.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
I'm a bit less interested in this particular crossover than I am in how it opens the door for DC's supernatural side to come out in the Flash-Arrow-Legends Of Tomorrow series. One of the things that Constantine set up was an eventual appearance by The Spectre. I wouldn't mind that coming to fruition in Flash or Arrow.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
This is perhaps how the original 'Constantine' show should have been introduced? Sort of a spin-off, let us see the character, get a feel for the idea, let the producers see how it's working, etc. Because I knew nothing about Constantine before I saw the series, so there was a lot that went over my head, but I liked the show, and yet the fans of the comics were bugged that there wasn't enough of the comics, or at least the era that they were attached to, shown.
'Why isn't this character or that, or this aspect or the other shown?' Because the show didn't last long enough?
Maybe 'The Arrow' can work as a re-boot for 'Constantine'?

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw an ad for this week's episode of 'Arrow', apparently this is the week for the Constantine appearance!
Wednesday, November 4, or whenever you get 'Arrow' locally.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I can offer no opinion of 'Arrow', as this will be the first episode I've ever seen. Not a superhero fan. But, I like John Constantine.