• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta readers for Contemporary fantasy serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

JalexM

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm looking for beta readers for a continuous serial series I'm putting out soon. I'm planning 10 episodes and want someone who can read all of them when I release.
But I need some betas for the first episode at the least so if you can't read all of them that's fine.
Genre: Contemporary fantasy(I think), similar to American gods. The first few episode really doesn't have any fantasy elements but as the series continues the fantasy elements open up more in the story, so still looking for someone who likes science-fiction, and fantasy.
Tone: Dark, Gritty, Angry, someone who doesn't mind language.
Word count: 10k to 100k your call if you can help past the first episode.
I won't be able to pay it forward until the beginning of the year as I'm writing 20-30k words a week until November, which I hand write most of. But I will remember.
Title: The Men Who Killed God
Summary/Blurb(working): In a world where a single secular God created everything, lesser powerful gods are left to rule over a modern world with an iron fist, through a crushing government authority. Two brothers make it their mission to destroy the gods and let humanity reign free. One who killed his father and vows to kill the He, the creator of everything. And the other who is left to fix the problems his brother left in his wake.
Just a note, the first few episodes doesn't have that many fantasy elements.
I'm looking for critics on tones, characters, general pacing, if the story was boring, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.