View Full Version : Never mind. Please disregard.

08-03-2015, 11:39 PM
OK, there's a term for this, and I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Let's say you invent a nifty new machine. Your competitors want to know how you made it, but you're keeping the design a secret. So your competitors purchase one of your machines, pull it apart to figure out how it works, and successfully duplicate its mechanism by studying the existing version.

What's that process called?


ETA: Never mind. The moment I hit "post," I remembered.

It was "Reverse engineering."

08-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Reverse engineering?

08-04-2015, 01:25 AM
Lol. Man you guys are fast!

08-04-2015, 01:28 AM
Your post was reverse engineered to see what you were getting at