• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for 73k YA Urban Scifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MynaOphelia

lost her spaceship again
Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm looking for a beta, or someone who wants to novel swap, who will be able to provide critique for my MS. Detailed critique on anything--characterization, plot, structure, you name it, I want to know everything that needs to be fixed with this thing. It has been betaed before and is now in its fourth draft.

Here is some info!

Title: I AM THE JACKAL

Genre: YA Urban Sci Fi

Wordcount: 73,350

Blurb: Bellem is a city known for only two things: a homicide rate staggering enough to scare away even the most hardened police chief, and the Hero Core. The Hero Core is a group of supers who fight the vicious street gangs and criminals even when the police department can’t. And although Seth doesn’t have powers, he wants to be one of them.

Because joining the Core would allow him to find out what they know about who tried to poison his father. Desperate to keep the suspect from coming back to finish the job, Seth devises a plan. When his plan leads him to a serum that gives him powers like super senses and agility, he finally has the chance he’s been waiting for. Becoming the mysterious Jackal, Seth’s instantly on the streets taking names.

But as Seth gets himself deeper in the inner world of the Hero Core, he finds out that their monopoly on the city is more like a stranglehold. Fighting back is not an option if he wants to find the truth about his father’s attempted killer. Seth can’t keep pretending to be their puppet either—not if it means pretending that their job is just a game of cops and robbers.

Because if you sever the puppet strings, you might just fall.

Please PM me or reply here if you're interested! I'll novel swap anything YA, and regular scifi and fantasy as well.

JTShadow56

The Sith Lord of Darkness
Registered
Reaction score
Your novel sounds really interesting. I'd be interested in doing a novel swap

Status
Not open for further replies.