• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

ISO POC/LGBTQ betas for YA SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Below you can read my original post, but I wanted to add a special plea for POC and/or LGBTQ readers. All my previous readers have been white. With POC characters, I'd really like to get the insight of people who reflect the groups I'm writing about. Please PM me if you are interested. This has been through five beta readers currently, so I'm mostly looking for big picture issues at this point. Especially pertaining to POC and LGTBQ.

Hey there,

I'm currently looking for beta readers for my YA SF retelling of The Last of the Mohicans (80k). Set on the distant planet of N'dah, Kora Scott and her siblings have traveled 27 light years to join their scientist father, only to become the subject of revenge when they are attacked by Magua, a native of N'dah. Assisted by Uncas, another N'dah native, they attempt to reach their father, survive the wilds of N'dah, and escape the wrath of Magua. But reaching their father might not mean the safety they thought. And Kora finds herself falling for Uncas, which proves more dangerous than everything she has already faced. For on N'dah, love between a human and a Nah'dian is strictly forbidden.

If you think you might be interested in reading please PM me or comment in this thread. I like critiques that are professional, but willing to tell me the cold, hard truth. Also, I have bi-racial characters (black and white), one gay character, one questioning character, and "aliens" loosely based on Native American culture (among other influences), so I would be interested in opinions from people who reflect those groups, but I value opinions from anyone willing to read. I am also happy to do a beta read in exchange either now or in the future. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm shamelessly bumping my post because I edited the beta request looking for a 2nd round of betas. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.