Status
Not open for further replies.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
I know that accomplishments are better served on their own board but I'm just bursting over the fact that one of my stories is on the e-racks! It went on sale yesterday at Silven Publishing which had me fidgety the whole damned day. It's funny but I'm not overly concerned about the sales but just hoping to hear some feedback, positive or negative, about the story. As I wrote it I tried to get an opinion from some friends and co-workers but they wouldn't tear it apart. I suppose it's that inability to say it up front for fear of retaliation thing. Regardless, this is my first step into semi-pros and maybe in a couple of years I can play with the majors.

Spiritwriter

Registered
Reaction score
It is a lot of work to "tear it apart." You are asking another person to take their valuable time and energy to help you. If you find someone to do this for you, please be appreciative.
Good luck............

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
:hooray: Congratulations! I have the same problem -- people never have a problem "tearing apart" my non-fiction pieces, but when it comes to fiction . . . I can hear the crickets chirping in the background whenever I make a request. Good luck to you and I hope you receive some feedback soon!! :)

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pike said:
I know that accomplishments are better served on their own board but I'm just bursting over the fact that one of my stories is on the e-racks! It went on sale yesterday at Silven Publishing which had me fidgety the whole damned day. It's funny but I'm not overly concerned about the sales but just hoping to hear some feedback, positive or negative, about the story. As I wrote it I tried to get an opinion from some friends and co-workers but they wouldn't tear it apart. I suppose it's that inability to say it up front for fear of retaliation thing. Regardless, this is my first step into semi-pros and maybe in a couple of years I can play with the majors.

Congrats, Pike! :hooray: :hooray:

As to someone "tearing it apart," have you ever considered joining a crit group? I belong to an online one, and it's helped me so much. The people critting don't offer endless praise, but neither do they cut you a new one (if you know what I mean ;)). I've found that most crits I've received are thoughtful and insightful, sometimes coming up with things I never would've thought of in a million years.

Might be worth looking into.

~Nancy

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Thanks everyone. I'll fix the sig Ducky and mine is the only one listed under Silven Pub Fiction: Axiom.

JG: I've worked with an old friend who aspires to be published. We trade stories back and forth but she never seems to have enough time to devote a good look at my work but expects me to do that and more for hers. I know she has a busy life so I can't blame her. Maybe I should search out an online group and try it out. Thanks for the tip.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pike said:
Thanks everyone. I'll fix the sig Ducky and mine is the only one listed under Silven Pub Fiction: Axiom.

JG: I've worked with an old friend who aspires to be published. We trade stories back and forth but she never seems to have enough time to devote a good look at my work but expects me to do that and more for hers. I know she has a busy life so I can't blame her. Maybe I should search out an online group and try it out. Thanks for the tip.

You're quite welcome, Pike. :)

~Nancy

Captain_Campion

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Pike! Good luck with it, and may it be the first of many success stories for you! Or, rather, successful stories. Well, maybe you're writing stories about people being successful so...never mind. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.