PDA

View Full Version : Ack! My full is missing the header!

thursdaymcgee
07-17-2015, 01:26 AM
I got a request for a full from my dream agent almost two weeks ago - I checked it, double-checked it, spent all day rereading and fixing in one giant go to look for anything wrong with it, and sent it off.... Only to discover today when I was preparing it for someone else that the header didn't show up on anything except the first page, so my dream agent now has a 380+ page novel with no page numbers or header with my name and the title on it. As someone that prints things to read, I know for a fact that's infuriating, but what to do now? It's been two weeks - do I email them and ask if they would prefer I resend? DM on Twitter to keep it more casual? Or should I just leave it be - they asked for a .doc file, so it's entirely possible her assistant fixes it up for her before she gets to it anyway...

I don't want to bug them (they said wait 2 months for a nudge), but I'd rather catch them before they get to it then make a poor impression.

WeaselFire
07-17-2015, 03:25 AM
Send them a polite follow up with a corrected full and an explanation. They can decide to use the new one, keep the old one or whatever they want to do. Owning up to this might impress an agent, but only if you don't bug them about it.

Jeff

amergina
07-17-2015, 03:39 AM
And see, I'd say leave it be. If the agent likes your full, they're not going to reject it because of a header screw-up.

Jeneral
07-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Also, the trend seems to be more toward loading mss onto e-readers instead of printing them out, so you may be just fine there.